Thirteen

The next day flew by and today, right now, we play Arsenal.

We're playing in the Emirates which is pretty cool, but i'm not starting.

Both teams starting X1

Arsenal
M. Zinsberger
S. Catley
J. Beattie
L. Williamson
N. Maritz
F. Maanum
K. Little
L. Wälti
K. McCabe
V. Miedema
B. Mead

Barcelona
S. Paños
M. Torrejón
I. Paredes
M. P. León
L. Ouahabi
A. Bonmatí
P. Guijarro
A. Putellas
F. Rolfö
A. Oshoala
L. Martens

After the warmups were complete i was wanted for a quick interview with the English pundits.

"Emily, welcome back to London!"
Alexia Scott said. She is the one interviewing me.

"Thank you"
I chuckled back.

"How does it feel to be back for such a special game?"

"It's good. I've not been back since my move and i can't wait for the game"

"You know Arsenal very well but today you're on the bench, are you disappointed?"

"Of course, but i know that the girls starting deserve to start, i'll be ready when called upon and i can't wait to cheer the girls on. This is a fantastic squad full of word class players and recently i've played a lot, i don't think a rest is necessarily a bad thing"

"Back to my previous point, you know Arsenal inside out, will your knowledge of how the team play, play a part in todays game?"

"Well no, not necessarily, i mean the Arsenal girls, especially the English ones, know me inside out, they know my strengths and my weaknesses"

"A game here in the Emirates, how does that feel?"

"Incredible really. I love playing in the big stadiums and i cannot wait for today"

"Good luck, Emi. Welcome back to London"
I nodded before walking away.

******
After a little while the game began. On the bench i sat in between Ingrid and Caro, the two Norwegian internationals.

"Do you ever miss home?"
Caro asked as the game began.

"No, not really. I've found my new home"

"What about the League, do you miss that?"
Ingrid asked, stepping in.

"No"
I responded instantly.

After twenty two minutes Aitana scored after Beattie played a blind pass which Aitana got onto the end of.

And by the twenty eighth minute, Jenni scored, an assist from Frido. 2-0.

I was watching the game until i heard a little girl yell my name, i turned around and saw her so i smiled, but when i went to turn back around a man and a women caught my eye, i looked again and again, before quickly looking away. Not here, not now.

I got nervous and anxious really quickly. My leg started to bounce up and down and both girls took immediate notice of this.

"You okay, Kid?"
Caro said as she put a hand on my leg in an attempt to stop me bouncing it, but it didn't work.

"I-"
I went to speak, but i immediately stopped because Rolfö scored an absolute cracker, i hoped the girls would turn their attention onto the pitch, but they never.

"What a goal, Frido"
I said under my breath.

"Kid!"
Ingrid said. Both girls at this point had nothing but panic all over their face as neither of them knew what to do.