One call away

Idk I was listening to music and thought of this. And this isn't those song one shots lol

Bucky struggled being alone. But he never said it out loud. He had Sam, but he wasn't always there. After dealing with the flag smashers, they had gone separate ways but still stayed in touch.

Now Bucky was there, alone in his crappy apartment, waiting for someone to cradle him and care for him just how Sam did when he had a horrible night. He was afraid to call Sam in the middle of the night knowing that he was asleep. And because he knew Sam would tease him for being such a big baby.

With teary eyes, he hesitantly grabbed the phone. He dialed the phone number he was given and the phone rang.

"Who'd be callin' this late?" Sam grumbled to himself. He picked up his phone and answered.

"S-Sam?"

From the other side of the phone, Sam could only hear what he thought were whimpers and sniffling. What could have happened?

"Bucky? Are you alright?" The man asked. He sat up showing he was giving him his full attention. "I- n-ne-need you,"Bucky hiccuped. "Come here...please.."

And with those 3 words, Sam heard the phone drop and more sobbing coming from the super soldier.

He rushed to put on some clothes and grabbed his keys. He didn't hang up on him so Bucky would know he was still there. Sam rushed to his car and drove to his apartment.

He unlocked the door with the spare key Bucky had given him and rushed inside.

Sam opened the bedroom door and found a crying Bucky on the floor.

He rushed to his side and held him close. Bucky hugged him with no intention of letting go. He wanted to feel those strong arms that fought by his side.

"Please don't leave," the soldier pleaded.

"I don't expect to."

Sam carried him towards the bed and laid him down, with him lying right next to him. Bucky flushed a dark shade of red. Sam took notice and put a hand on Bucky's cheek.

"If you wont admit it, I might as well be the one to," Sam whispered, gently placing his lips on Bucky's.

"Always know that: I'm only one call away."