Through memory lane

Requested by @Puplove0
This is gonna be a sad story. Depends on the type of person you are or if it's actually sad. Enjoy

Another Saturday in the Wilson-Barnes residence meant for 'house cleaning day'. The odd couple went back and forth around the house finding places to clean, often leaving them spotless. 'Often' meaning when they didn't get distracted by each other.

By the time lunch came around, they had now reached the attic. For Bucky, it was his favorite place to clean. The reason is because he got to see the wonderful memories the world blessed his Sam with. He didn't have pictures of his own family, due to the fact that HYDRA took the rest of his adulthood away. So, he would spend some time observing each picture, and each detail.

Bucky had finished with every box, until a tiny box at the corner of the room caught his attention. He called out to Sam,"Uh, babe?" "Yes?" Sam answered back. "What's in that box over there?" Sam looked over to where Bucky was pointing to and Bucky went to reach the box. He then read the letters spelled in red in front of the box.

"Riley," he mumbled. "Who's that?" He asked out of curiosity. He opened the box and found a picture of Sam and another man he assumed was Riley. He took out more of what was inside and found many more pictures of this man with Sam or sometimes the man alone. In most of these pictures, Sam was dressed with Air Force uniform. How come Sam didn't tell him about all this?

"Sam, who is this guy?"

No answer.

"Sam answer me, please," he pleaded once more.

"He- he was my partner- Riley," he managed to say between tiny sobs. "I met Riley long before you. We were both in the Air Force," he pointed at the jet behind them in the picture." We were friends until we both decided to be something more than friends. I dated Riley for a while until-," Sam was cut off by his tears and sobs. Tears that were gushing down his cheeks and sobs loud enough for Bucky to notice how much Sam cared for the man.

Bucky caressed his boyfriend until he calmed down. He didn't mean to hurt him. He just wanted to know. He wanted to know about the important people in Sam's life.

"What happened then?" Bucky asked softly. Sam gathered up strength and said," He- he died on a mission. I never forgave myself. If I never let go, he would still be here. If he-" he paused, letting the tears come down again.

"Sam, if he were still here, we wouldn't be together. I would've been alone. Not even Steve would help me. And he didn't. I love you Sam. With all I have," Bucky comforted him. He loved the grown man, so much he didn't want to see him broken down like that. He liked his happy Sam. The social type of guy. The Sam that always put others before himself.

"I love you too, Buck." Sam gave Bucky a peck on the lips before getting up from his position. "We better get back to work. There's a few more things to clean around the place," he said when Bucky grabbed his arm.

"Hey, if you need someone to talk to, you know you'll always have me. Even if it's just about Riley, you can always vent to me," Bucky said with such caring voice. "Oh I know. I have such an awesome boyfriend," Sam answered back. "And since when did you learn what 'vent' meant?"

"Oh I have my ways," Bucky proudly said to him. Of course, he didn't learn from the internet. Neither did he learn by himself. He's still learning what Siri is. His loving nephews taught him.

He's still learning about modern tech. Step by step. Just how he's still learning about Sam.

Yay I finally posted a story! I hope you liked it. You should like it and give it a vote bc it took too much brain power to do this in....,,,3 days. So yeah. Byee ✌️