"Ok. Was there a second of all?"

Harry furrowed his brow before answering. "I just wanted to make sure you were ok. That I didn't hurt you the last time."

My hand subconsciously moved up to my neck where I had covered the bruises Harry left with makeup. They had faded quite a bit over the last three days but they were still faintly present.

"I'm fine." I said shortly, although I was curious as to why he cared so much.

"Ok, good." Harry examined me for a second before continuing. "I meant what I said about being friends. I don't say shit I don't mean."

"Oh. I- I thought you just said that so you could.." I trailed off.

"Fuck you?"

I nodded sheepishly, looking down at the floor.

"So is that why you were mad at me? Because you thought I was using a fake friendship to get you to have sex with me?" asked, the slightest hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I mean, yeah." I shrugged, not knowing what else to say. I certainly didn't want to tell him that I was scared about the connection I felt to him. He had just come around to the idea of being friends. I wasn't about to scare him off.

"Well don't worry, I don't have to dangle a carrot of friendship in front of your face to persuade you to fuck me. You would have had sex with me either way, princess." Harry grinned. A comment that he would have once said to me in a derisive tone, he now said playfully, flirtatiously. "I make you cum too hard for you to ever say no, friendship or not."

Ah, there's the cocky Harry I'm used to.

I rolled my eyes at him, trying my best to hide the slight smile on my face. Suddenly, Harry grabbed my wrist, yanking me to him until our faces were inches away from each other. "Just because we're friends now doesn't mean you can get away with being a brat. Roll your eyes again and I'll fuck you stupid right here on this countertop. Got it?"

My heart jumped into my throat and I squeezed my legs together at Harry's words. Biting down on my lip, I nodded.

"Good. Now unblock my number and take that stupid apron off. We're leaving."

"I didn't block you, I just wasn't responding." I lied while removing my flour covered apron. "Where are we going? What about my cake?"

"Don't lie. Unblock my fucking number so I can reach you the next time I need a quick fuck." Harry tried his best to suppress a grin while I tried my best to not roll my eyes. We both failed. "And fuck the cake. You've already got enough baked goods to feed an army. Stella's waiting in the car. Let's go."

Taking my half-baked cake out of the oven, I set it on a cooling rack before removing my oven mitts and walking over to Harry.

"Alright, Styles. I'm ready. Where are you taking me?"

"You like ice cream?"

*****

We had found our way down to the boardwalk where we quickly scouted out the nearest ice cream stand before taking up occupancy on an empty bench facing the ocean. The sun was making its final descent into the horizon, casting beautiful glimmers of light onto the water in front of us.