That had to be it. It had to be the trust we had built in our sexual relationship that was making me feel so connected to him. It sure as hell wasn't all the personal information he had voluntarily shared with me because that was non-existent. The man was a closed book.

Honestly, it didn't matter why I felt so connected to him anyway. I chose to end whatever fucked up relationship we had before it went too far and someone got hurt. There was no point in dwelling on-

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Lost in my own thoughts, I jumped when I heard the loud knocking at the door.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"I'm coming!" I yelled out, throwing the dish rag on the counter before heading to the door. Jesus Christ. This person was relentless.

Reaching the door, I flung it open, my heart dropping into my stomach as my eyes were met with that familiar green gaze. Breaking our eye contact, he moved his gaze down my body, taking in my flour-covered apron.

"Nice apron." he smirked. "You look like you work in a bakery."

"What do you want, Harry?" I said, slightly annoyed and trying to sound less flustered than I actually felt. What the fuck was he doing here?

"You weren't answering my calls or texts."

Calls and texts? He tried to contact me within days of our last hookup? And he tried multiple times? This was not the Harry that I had known thus far. Had I misjudged him and his intentions?

"Can I come in?"

I looked at him closely for a moment. His brow was furrowed, waiting for my answer.

"Yeah, I guess." I held my arm out, gesturing for him to come inside. He walked across the threshold, looking around curiously. I closed the door behind him and walked back to the kitchen, Harry following.

I watched Harry look around my kitchen, taking in the insane amount of ingredients taking up every inch of counter space.

"Looks like you've been busy. What are you making?"

"A haselnusse crème torte." I answered shortly, gathering the supplies to start on the frosting.

"Come again?"

"It's Austrian. It's a kind of cake. Why are you here Harry?" I asked again,

"I told you, you weren't responding to any of my texts or calls."

"And? Did you need sex that badly? I'm sure you have met plenty of other women that would be happy to provide you with a quick fuck." I spit, not able to hold back my anger at the situation.

"Look, I don't know what I did wrong, but first of all, I'm not sleeping with anyone else." Harry said, the anger in his voice matching mine.

My eyes shot to his, trying to read his face, trying to figure out if he was being truthful or not. It was not what I had expected him to say. I mean, I wasn't sleeping with anyone else either but that was partially due to lack of options. Given how Harry was the most gorgeous human on the planet, I'm sure he had women lining up to suck his dick.