Part 1

Sunny's POV:

      I woke up to a knock on my door. 'Stupid Kel' I thought to myself. So I rolled out of my bed and headed downstairs to answer the door. When I opened the door I was surprised to see my childhood best friend, and the boy who has helped me through the hardest day of my life, Basil. I still felt bad for leaving him to deal with the trauma from that dreadful day for those 4 long years. 

     "oh, h-hey Sunny," Basil said, "I didn't expect you to answer." Basil continued.

     I nodded.

      "Um. W-well do you want to go to the park with me?" Basil continued.

       I nodded again and walked out the door past Basil.

       "W-well, um, how have you been Sunny, it's been a while," Basil asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

       I felt bad for being silent towards him, so I responded, "tired..." 

       Basil looked shocked, as if he had just seen a ghost, "w-wow! Sunny... Y-you talked. S-sorry for the reaction, I'm just not used to it that's all," Basil said with panic in his voice.

Basil's POV:

      'Holy crap... Did Sunny really just speak' I thought to myself 'his voice sounds rough due to not being used... it's kinda... cute. GAH... What am I thinking... He Probably doesn't even like me that way in the first place'. 

      "Basil... Hey Basil... Earth to Basil." I heard Sunny call out, dragging me out of thought. "Basil, are you ok? Your face is really red. If you need we can take a break from walking and sit down for a second." Sunny said with genuine worry in his voice.

      "oh, n-no. I'm good. We are already almost there anyways." I say trying to hide my growing blush I feel darkening over my face. 'He was genuinely worried about me... GAH! Why does he have to be so nice'. We continue walking and cross the street to Faraway Park, We would hang out here a lot as kids but... well then, Mari... fell... and Sunny locked himself inside. 'Why did I have to remember that now of all times, this is supposed to be a good day, I mean like Sunny is here and I am about to show him something I have been working really hard on these past few years. GAH! GET IT TOGETHER SELF NO BEING SAD RIGHT NOW'

      "Hey Basil we are here, so what do you want to do now?" Sunny said breaking me from my train of thought. 

       "Oh. W-well I wanted to go to the old hideout, I also have something there that I wanted to show you." I told. 

        "Alright, you lead the way Basil." "O-ok but close your eyes, I'll make sure you don't fall." I said as I felt heat rush into my face and ears. As we walk there I panic 'What if he doesn't like it... What if he hates me afterwards... I need to stop thinking like that... Sunny would never hate me because of something like this... Right?'

[a/n] If you have any ideas for where this could go then please leave them in the comments. Also this is my first first time writing fanfiction so if it is cheesey please don't judge lmaooo