XI

"You reminded me of her, that's why I did the things I did. You were so much like her it hurt." He reached out to touch your face but the rocky ground made him stumble and fall to the ground.

With a sickening crunch he fell to the ground and the rocks made his body shift to rest halfway over the side.

You screamed as his hands tried to grip anything to stay up and not fall into the waters below. The sirens were coming closer and suddenly lights were blinding you as you reached forward to grasp his hand.

He held onto yours tightly as you tried to move your body to pull him back up. You could hear the shuffling of feet and the loud yells of the officers as you held on tightly to his hand.

Your heart sank as his grip on yours started to lessen and your hands slipped from one another.

Two screams filled the air that night.

~~~

~6 Months Later~

What happened that fateful night in the cold night air still burned through your mind. There were nights where you would wake up drenched in sweat while screaming loudly for everyone to hear.

After the events of that night had passed your parents were around more, more involved in your life as they reflected on how they could have left you to grow up on your own.

What happened to you went to show that you didn't know people. That everyone has a past, whether it be pretty or not. The past is there for a reason and some learn and grow from it, some fall into its clutches and are destined to repeat it.

The police couldn't find his body after it had fallen into the sound.

They had told you and your parents that the water must have washed him away. For some reason though you didn't think that he was gone. You had this overwhelming idea that he was still alive and for some very reason he was roaming this town while waiting for the perfect time to pop back up again.

It had been 6 very long months and in those months you had drastically changed.

No longer were you homeschooled but went to public schooling. You were more skeptical of who you became friends with, you watched your back. You knew that he was watching and it was a feeling you couldn't shake.

A knock on your bedroom door startled you and your body shot up. Your head turned to see your mother walk through the door.

"Someone is at the door for you sweetheart." You nodded your head and got up. You followed her downstairs and your brows furrowed as you took in the person standing right in the doorway.

The women was obviously older then you, maybe mid-twenties. Her light hair was tied up in a bun and she wore casual clothing. Large dark sunglasses covered her eyes, hiding them from the rest of the worlds prying eyes.

"Hello," her voice was airy and she took her glasses off to reveal a set of very pale grey eyes. You took a step closer and took her offered hand.

"You may know me, I'm Meredith Gates." Your mouth dropped open as you stared at the women in front of you.

"I-um yeah I've heard about you." You couldn't help but stare at the person in front of you. This was the person that started all of Harry's obsession with you.

"You reminded me of her, that's why I did the things I did. You were so much like her it hurt." He had said that night 6 long months ago. You could still hear his broken voice if all was quiet and your mind went into that place.

"Would you like to take a walk?" She asked you and you glanced over in the direction of your mother who nodded at you.

You went out into the warm fresh air and let out a long breath. Meredith placed her sunglasses back on her face as the both of you walked over to the roaring sound.

The water was moving at a slower pace this time of year, as not too much rain happened to fall. You both looked beyond the water and to the open field that lay beyond it.

"Did he tell you about me?" Her voice was above a whisper as your head jutted up and down in a terse nod. You didn't wish to speak of the demon that lurked behind your closed doors.

"I spoke to him, before everything happened. He told me about you then." You said as you turned and peered at her. Suddenly she seemed to grow much older as she sighed loudly.

"Did he tell you how alike we are?" She asked you and you told her he had.

"I should have known something was wrong when my cover told me that someone was trying to find me. You waved a bunch of flags young one." She grinned at you and shrugged her lithe shoulders.

"You were smart dear, you knew something was off."

"Who exactly are you?" You couldn't help the sharpness of your tongue as you stood facing the women. With all of the talk about waving flags and a cover you and your suspicions.

"Just who I've said I am, Meredith Gates." She looked at you with a smirk as you glared right back.

"And what exactly do you do Meredith?"

"I'm a cop." She moved her tee shirt up and you saw a badge and your expression went slack. Why was all of this so confusing?