"You wouldn't dare," she threatened playfully. If he did, she would tell her family how he had let her do it, and even been with her for months.

"Don't bet on it," he replied, his cocky behaviour back. Dove chuckled, and sat near her boots, patting a space on her right to tell him to sit with her. Finnick agreed reluctantly. He wanted to take her home as quickly as possible, but she was too stubborn to go right away. Once he was next to her, she embraced him, burying her face in his shirt's collar. He accepted the hug, laying his head on her head.

"I have quite a lot to tell you. There's one good news, three bad, and a horrible one that is related to one of the bad. Which one do you want to know first?" The options scared him.

"Let's start with the horrible one first," he replied. His grip around her got stronger as he waited for the news.

"I'll have to volunteer for my sister in the next Reaping, so I'll go to the Hunger Games." His grip faltered for a second while he processed the information.

"You're going to what!?" he yelled, grabbing her shoulders, and pushing her off him, causing her to face him. Dove said nothing. She would not speak if the cameras had the chance to read her lips.

"Dove. I understand she's your sister, but why would you-" She shut him up by placing a hand on his lips. She hugged him again, burying her face once again in the collar of his shirt.

"Finnick. I swear to God, read the mood. I have a deal with President Snow, that's why I have to do it. That's one of the bad news, too. He also knows about our meet-ups, so don't shout, you idiot. There might be cameras everywhere." Finnick was lucky that Dove couldn't see his face right now. He was utterly shocked. She wasn't a Victor, but she had a deal with Snow. Moreover, the deal was to sacrifice her life for her sister's.

"Then, why are you telling this to me now?" Dove's grip got tighter after he had finished his question. He guessed it was her way of telling him to be careful. He placed his lips on her head, which to what she hummed, telling him he had the right idea.

"Because he didn't say anything about what we talked about. He only mentioned that we were meeting each other," she said. Finnick wondered why would that have to do with anything. "So because he didn't want to say anything about it. You assume what?" he asked.

"Look, I don't know if the cameras can't hear us, or if it's because it's too dark. But he didn't seem to know anything we talked about. Hiding our lips will complicate things for him even more. We can make this a safe spot for now," she replied happily. It wouldn't be long until President Snow realised this scheme and tried something. But, for now, they were safe.

"I think you're ignoring an important part. He knows we meet. What did he say exactly?" Finnick's tone was a mix between cocky and worried. Dove was waiting to see in which side it would end.

"He told me he would allow us to meet while it wasn't on the public eye. He said if Capitol people thought you were in love with me, that would bring undesirable attention to me. So I should help by making them see my body in another way than attractive," she answered, knowing she should tell him that she knew what his deal was about. But it hurt her to say it out loud.

"Wait. Is the illness. . ." She hummed in reply. "It's so people won't find me desirable. Finnick, I know about your deal. Are you alright?" Her question went unnoticed. Finnick was worrying how the girl would perceive him now that she knew what he would be forced to do.

"Do you feel repulsed by it?" His question got a quick 'No' as a reply, which he wasn't expecting. "Why aren't you? I am going to sell my body, Dove. To people I don't even know! It's disgusting." He told her angrily. He tried to contain his anger, but the trembling of his hands was a clear give-away.