~My Favourite Part ♡~

#7
————————————

[Here's a short one for y'all, apologies for the slow updates. ^^; ]
Artwork:@seri_gnsn (on Twitter)

-

On this bright beautiful day Wangshu Inn was an excellent place to visit, just south of Dihua Marsh. Which was exactly where you had been heading to meet up with the great vigilant yaksha, turning out to be a daily occurrence for some time now. That is, until it was that way no longer.

.

"No, that can't be true. Xiao's never mentioned a single thing about this." You cried.

Your heart suddenly sank deep into your chest— plummeting, and instantly shattering into what felt like a thousand pieces.

"I'm afraid what I've said is all true.. he briefly informed me himself before departing early this morning." Goldet might've been the owner of Wangshu Inn, but the information you had received was something you refused to believe as true. You shook your head repeatedly; ignoring the tears that threatened to follow.
Goldet looked down, a hint of sadness hovering across her face before browsing under her desk. And before long, a small piece of paper was then placed on the counter.

"This may not be my place to speak, but" She paused. Scooting over the slip of paper.
"In all the years I've been here, I've seen for myself how much more relaxed he's been around you. And might I even go as far as saying that perhaps he's started to feel a certain connection with you." She spoke quietly, and mellow. That was indeed bold of her to say, and without a single trace of regret. "Please, take your time."

You nod. Taking the slip of paper, making your way to the uppermost level of the Inn where you'd find the most privacy and possibly the most comfort.

-

"I am leaving with Z̴̴h̴̴o̴̴n̴̴g̴̴l̴̴i̴ Morax to fight along side him once again, I am unable to reveal the location since it is not a place you need to be made aware of. A mortal should not be burdened or interfere with adepti battles. So, do not try to meet me. It feels unnatural to say such a thing, however your presence has brought me relief over the days you have visited, to have been able to spend some time with you was enough. Even if it turned out to be a meaningless dream, such a mortal had become my favourite part. If we meet again, you know where to find me."

- Adept. Xiao

-

The brief note Xiao had left behind held great value in your heart; and you began to choke up.
He was going to come back.
He had to come back.
Your eyes began to sting until eventually fresh tears dripped down your cheeks. Leaving you in a weeping mess. "You.. why didn't you tell me anything?"

———————————
-465 words-

¯\_()_/¯