~Cat & Mouse ♡~

#3
—————————————

Something about Xiao had felt different over the past few days, but you couldn't quite figure out why. However you knew something was off, you felt that something was off. And tonight had only confirmed your suspicions.

.
.
.

Your breathing became more rapid, your lungs felt like fire, and your limbs were on the verge of giving out. The cool night air nipped at your bare skin leaving it to go numb. "Xiao, please! What's wrong- - I promised to always help you!" You desperately wanted to help him, you loved him. But something was wrong and he wasn't the same.

Had this been something to do with his karmic debt?

You cried out to help the adeptus but your efforts were of no use, your voice had been drowned out by the catching of your own breath and it wasn't long before you were unable to move from the fatigue. The adrenaline that kept you up and going evaporated, and there was no preventing the inevitable. You slumped forward onto the ground panting for air, and the multiple scrapes on your body stung from the touch of the wind. Everything hurt.

The moon lit up Xiao's structure as he approached closer with his jade spear dragging behind him. And the mask he wore glowed under the moon, making him look even more intimidating than he already was.

What expression was Xiao wearing underneath his worn mask?

"You say you want to help me?" He scoffs, dropping his spear and letting it fall to the ground, before he completely vanishes. Leaving behind teal coloured particles in the air, before they too disappear. The only thing you could hear from then was that of your own heavy breathing.

"Then why do you run from me." His voice sounded almost upset. Xiao's voice uttered from behind in a low whisper and you felt his hot breath against your ear, sending a shiver down your spine. He was testing you, teasing you.

You couldn't muster up a response with the current state you were in. Like a game of cat and mouse, it was an endless cycle of chase and be chased that went on for hours. However, this time you were down for good, and he knew that too.

He swiftly turned you over on your back and you felt him lay on top of you, pinning you to the ground below with both your hands in his grasp. "So tell me, why?" Xiao's lips hovered over your own as he spoke, before peppering your neck in kisses, and slowly making his way up to the cut that skinned your cheek. His mask had disappeared, and you could see the gaze in Xiao's eyes that could only be described like those of a feline finally catching it's meal. But in this case, you were his catch.

He held you close, pushing himself against you containing the warmth, refraining you of any movements until finally pressing his lips against yours in a passionate kiss.
"I always honour my promises to you.. so why do you not honour yours..?" Xiao manages a few words in between breathes, yet you still could not answer him. He moves next to your ear, trailing pecks of kisses along your neck once again before whispering in his usual tone.

"Then I think it's time you honour your promise, Traveler."

-562 words-

A/U Note: is it obvious that i don't know how to write lime/steam lmao ( ̄▽ ̄)