Chapter 21

(Two month later)

General's pov
Two month have passed, and that means Christmas and New Year's Eve have also passed, and it is the beginning of a new year.

Emily, Jamie and Matt celebrated Christmas together for the first time, because that was something Jamie wanted. And of course both Matt and Emily does everything for there son, even if they aren't in good terms.

Since what happened in Matt's office they haven't spoken to each other like they did in the beginning. So they only talk when it comes to work and Jamie, and they are trying to now show it for Jamie how it is between them.

Matt's pov
Today i have a new shift, and I'm on my way to the firehouse.
But for the couple of days I have been distracted, and that's because my mom will probably be out from jail. And I don't know how to feel about it, because I haven't told Emily about this or anyone else.

But the thing is that if she gets released from jail, she will be living with me, and I don't know how to do that when I have Jamie at my place. So I need to talk with Emily about it and how she feels about it. And how we are going to do with Jamie and if he should meet my mom, so I need to talk to her today about this.

Meanwhile, I was on my way to the firehouse and I was only like 5 minutes away.

After those 5minutes I was outside of the firehouse in my car, because I had just parked it in the parking spot.
So I got out from my car and walked up to the firehouse.

I open the door to the firehouse and walked inside to park he apparatus floor. And then I went to locker room so I could get changed.

When I got to the locker room I saw Emily there by her locker.

Matt - hi!

I saw she turned around to see who it was, and when she saw me a smile appeared on her face do I gave her a smile back.

Emily - hi!

Matt - so your not avoiding me anymore?

Emily - I'm sorry how I have been too you for those two month.

Matt - it's fine, I put you in a awkward position....

Emily - I was overreacting about it all, and it just became complicated for both of us and Jamie.

Matt - yeah.....

Emily - and I don't want to do that for either you or Jamie.

Matt - I get that! And bye the way, can we talk later in my office? It's important!

Emily - sure.....

I got changed to my uniform as Emily left the locker room since she was already changed to the uniform.

Emily's pov
After I had talked to Matt in the locker room I went to the common room, and since shift had also started I just wanted to grab a cup of coffee before any calls.

I got to the common room and got to one of the cabinet and took out a cup, and then I went to the coffee machine and pure some coffee in to it.

As I was standing by the coffee machine Shay came to take some coffee too.

Shay - hi?

Emily - hi!

Shay - so what have happened since last shift?

Emily - not much, what about you?

Shay - I have been out on a date with a girl!

Emily - ooh, so how did that go?