Chapter 12

Emily's pov
It was the next day and shift was over, after my shift had been over I would drive home instead of picking Jamie up at my brothers place.

Last night we had have a few calls, so that's why I didn't pick Jamie up. So I could get home and sleep for a few hours.

But since I would be at the CFD barbecue later, my brother told me that he would meet me there instead to drop Jamie off.

My shift was over at 8am and the barbecue didn't start until 1pm so I got a few hours of sleep.

Severide's pov
Me and Emily had decided that I would pick her up at 12.50pm. And I was on my way to pick her ip since it was 12.45pm so in 5 minutes I needed to be there.

I had been driving for 5 minutes and I was just a few seconds away from her house. But when I was going to park my car, I saw her standing outside waiting for me.
When I saw her all I could think about was how beautiful she is. But she was wearing just a regular dress that was to her knees and low high heels to that.

But when she saw me, she walked down to my car and got inside.

Emily - hi!

Severide - hi!

I started to my car and we drove to the park where it all would be.

Emily's pov
We came to the park and we could see the guys from, engine, truck and squad.
Me and Kelly went to the picnic table where Hadley, Capp and Tony was sitting at.

Emily - hey guys!

Hadley - hi!

Severide - hey!

Capp/Tony - hi lieutenant!

We took a seat to talk to them, since I wasn't only waiting for Lucas and Jamie. I was waiting on Shay, and she was going to meet up with a date here also.

After awhile we had been sitting and talking to the guys, I felt a hand on my shoulder. So I turned around to see Shay standing there, so I got up from the bench to give her a hug.

Shay - hi!

Emily - hi!

Shay - we should go and take a seat somewhere else.

Emily - okay...

Me and Shay walked away to take a seat at another picnic table.

Emily - So when are your date coming?

Shay - I don't know, but she should be here soon.

We where sitting there alone and waiting, for moth Shay's date and Jamie.

Shay - so where is Jamie?

Emily - my brother Lucas is going to drop him off here later!

Shay - okay!

After we had been talking for awhile, I started to notice that she was looking around.

Emily - what are you looking at?

Shay - I just saw Corrine!

I just nodded my head as she got up to meet up with Corrine.
A few minutes have passed and I I felt like someone took a seat I front of me, so I looked up to see Severide there.

Emily - hi!

Severide - hi! So where is Shay?

Emily - she went to meet up with her date...

Severide - oh, okay.

Emily - do you know if Casey is going to be here?

Severide - I think he would! Why do you wonder?