Chapter One

Another year at the hotel had passed, since moving in with Drac he and Valerie have become much closer even having shared a night of passion, actually many nights of passion.

(if you catch my drift ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but i won't go into detail about it here this is a kids movie.)

Valerie has also taken it upon herself to adjust Dracula to the modern age by showing him the wonders of technology, by which i mean mostly movies and how to work a phone.

Currently however Valerie was sulking in bitterness, internally of course, because instead of getting ready for her own wedding she was consulting a spike monster that was getting married.

"Please try to relax Lucy, at least you're getting married instead of having to wait for years upon years to even see the distant possibility of marriage" Valerie said getting a vacant look in her eyes.

"Aww Val, i'm sure dad will propose any day now" Mavis said hugging her, also there to comfort Lucy as one of the party planners but actually there to comfort Valerie.

Valerie hugged her back and sighed "That's what i thought too especially after he took down the painting and he even took off his ring but i'm still waiting" she said before refocusing on the spiky bride.

"But you're not waiting, Mavis and i have taken care of everything, the wedding is going to be perfect" she assured.

"It's not that, just how do i know i'm doing the right thing?" Lucy asked.

"I know just how you feel, the day i married Johnny was the best day of my life but i was so nervous and you should have seen my dad, he was a mess but he knew it was meant to be, it doesn't matter where you come from or how different you are, love like this is a rare find and you have to cherish it" Mavis assured her.

The others, including Valerie despite her boiling bitterness, awwed at the sweet sentiment.

"You're right thank you!" Lucy said and hugged Mavis who did her best to avoid the spikes.

~

Blobby, acting as minister, blubbered something to the spike monster couple getting married who said their i do's and kissed before the whole place started rumbling.

"Do you hear that?" Mavis asked her dad, standing at the side with him and Valerie.

"Yes, i thought we locked him in his room" Dracula said.

"We did!" Valerie said before a giant puppy came barreling through the wedding hall.

"Hi mom, hi mama, hi papa" Dennis greeted riding on the back of the puppy with Winnie.

"Dennis!" All three greeted back in surprise.

"Tinkles was crying so we let him out" Dennis explained before Tinkles, the puppy, barked and slobbered everywhere, then started running down the aisle.

"Tinkles, sit!" Dracula commanded and the puppy came to a stop sitting down, Dracula then put a leash on the puppy's collar and lead him away.

"Ugh, who's idea was it to let Dennis have a puppy?" Dracula asked, more himself, leading Tinkles away.

"Uhm, yours?" Mavis asked over the headset all the party planners had and Dracula laughed sheepishly in reply while Valerie knelt infront of Dennis.

"Dennis, you knew this important event was happening out here, you knew why we had locked Tinkles up and you still set him free, why?" Valerie asked keeping her voice even.

"Tinkles just sounded so sad and alone" Dennis said in defense giving Valerie his best pouty look.

"Okay but why take him here? You could have taken him out to the forest" Valerie said not falling for the pouty look.

Dennis had nothing for that except "Sorry" and the extra pouty look.

Valerie sighed "Just remember that for next time, if there is one, okay?" she asked ruffling his hair.

"Okay!" Dennis cheered "Thanks mama Val" he then said before hugging her, "It's no problem" she said hugging him back.

~

"DJ Jazzy Johnny in the house! It's time to welcome the happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Prickles!" Johnny said and switching the song as the newly weds got on the dance floor.

"The bride and groom invite everyone to join them on the dance floor" Johnny said as couples of all sorts joined on the dance floor including one human and vampire couple.

Valerie smiled at Dracula and he smiled back at her as they danced together on the dance floor.

"You know i heard everything through the headset" Dracula brought up.

"I know you know, and you know i'm not pressuring just reminding" Valerie replied.

"Well thank you for the reminder, and i'll remind you that maybe i'm just planning for the perfect moment" Dracula replied.

Valerie rolled her eyes at him "And let me remind you, you can't plan for the perfect moment" she said.

Dracula dipped her down with a smirk "Watch me" he said also bending down before they kissed.

~

Later that night Valerie and Drac were just about to get it on, on their bed, yes bed because that was the first thing Valerie brought over.

Then there was a knock on the door, Valerie groaned a bit "I'll see what it is" she said getting off the bed, put on a robe and fixed her hair before answering the door.

"Mavis, what brings you here?" she asked genually surprised.

Dracula upon hearing that it was his daughter panicked and scrambled to put himself together before appearing at the door.

"Mavis what a pleasant surprise, we were just uh, that is uh, Valerie was just teaching me to knit" Dracula excused chuckling sheepishly.

Mavis shared a look with Valerie and chuckled a bit "Dad, stop trying to hide it from me" she said.

"Hide? Who? I mean what? Me?" Dracula asked trying to look anywhere else except at Mavis.

"And i know what it is" Mavis said with a smirk.

"Uh, really?" Dracula asked glancing at Valerie wondering if she told Mavis.

"You're stressed out from working too hard" Mavis said, though she knew full well what her father and Valerie did once or twice a month.

"Oh!" Dracula sighed in relief "Okay, yes, you got me, it's a big hotel you know can't get to everything but what about you? You're pretty busy yourself" he said.

"I know, it seems like now that we're working together more we're seeing each other less" Mavis said.

"Yeah, you're absolutely right, i am working too much, you're working too much, we should really take a brake starting right now, night-night" Dracula said pushing Mavis out the door and closing it behind him before sighing.

"You know a vacation doesn't sound so bad" Valerie pointed out.

"And where do you suppose we could go?" Dracula asked.

"I'll have to think on that, but for now let's get back to knitting" Valerie said flipping the switch on and leading him back to the bed.