CHAPTER 2

SADIE

ONE week passed, still there were no traces of that man named Jared Boston. I tried to ask Miss Morgan about it but I just couldn't find any possible way. Well, I thought about Jared for like every day, not to mention that he was one of the first people whom I talked about my life with. To also remember that night when he asked for a wish and it turned out to be his 30th birthday. 'God, he's 30...I wish he's just same as my age...'

"Molly is out... with her friends"

Daniel was sipping his wine while reading his new favorite book. My aunt told me that Daniel was thirty-seven but this man never wanted to talk about his age. Not even a simple past about him was never mentioned to me.

"I'll head to the cafe now"

"My boss is coming back. If Molly would be here tonight, tell her I'll do overnight at work"
I sighed again, it felt like I was just a bridge for them to understand their daily activities. I saw Daniel stood up and handed me the book he was reading. I glanced at it for a while.

'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill

*

The cafe was empty but the clock stroke to ten. It was a warm day but I wondered why the whole cafe was empty. I saw Miss Morgan folding her apron with her saddest expression I had ever seen.
"Miss Morgan?"

She didn't reply

"Is there something wrong?"

Finally, she looked at me, her eyes were nothing.
"Someone bought the place"

I dropped my bag on the floor. I hurriedly picked it up and faced Miss Morgan.

"No this can't be. You told me you own this for almost ten years...you can't lose this"
She didn't say anything again. If those words she said was right then everything would fall back to start again. Now I knew, just because it was a sunny day doesn't mean it would always be warm... I couldn't express any word, if bad luck was always at the end then I should keep avoiding to reach the final steps.

It wasn't long before when there was a man who swiftly entered to the cafe. His face, his physique, his aura and his turquoise eyes was present. I couldn't believe that I would get the chance to see him again. Those seven days without seeing him felt something odd to me. I didn't feel like this towards other people but he was just so quite special. Well, I should erase that thought in my mind. 'He's 30, I'm 19... there's no way'

Our eyes didn't meet but there was a scene in front me. Miss Morgan was hugging the man named Jared Boston.
"Thank you dear...thank you"

Too much emotions in the room but I couldn't reflect myself towards it as I was clueless with everything. Why did Miss Morgan kept thanking Jared?

I wanted to interrupt to them but I had the urge to keep quiet until there would be a specific time to speak.

Miss Morgan and Jared went to the little office. They didn't close the door, so I heard some papers and portfolios being unfolded. They seemed busy with the issue of this place. I really hoped nothing such worse would happen.

I sat for hours on the counter. There were no customers as we put 'closed' sign to the door. I closed and opened my hands...I was trying to calm myself and I guessed doing something a little like this would help me. There was tension in the room. I could sense the pressure it gave to Miss Morgan and to me. A little after, I saw Jared went out of the office. He wasn't in the mood to exchange conversation...I could see it. I turned my chair around because I didn't want to put eyes on him. Avoiding him? Not really.

"Sadie"
That deep voice. The last time I heard it was the last time I saw him.

"Hi", I stood up and faced him. He looked relief. By the way he moved his body, I could realize that he wanted to start a conversation.