|| Chapter XXIV ||

Start from the beginning

"See ya, chump."

I waved off the Traitor, and exited the building into the fresh air.

________________________________________________________________________________

( Third Person POV )

The Pro Heroes silently walked through the brightly lit corridors.

Nurses, doctors and patients were scurrying throughout, and all the UA Teachers stopped right outside a certain door. The door 401.

'Ryo Inui'

The name on the placard glared back at the Heroes without remorse.

Aizawa slowly opened the door to the room.

Pro Hero Hound was lying down on the hospital bed, with a painful number of needles and syringes poked all over him. A soft, beeping sound emanating from the machinery next to the Pro Hero was the only indication that he was still alive. None of his exposed body parts were visible — all mercilessly covered with white bandage.

"What a ghastly sight....." Snipe murmured.

The Pros quietly made it into the room, and closed the door behind them. However, it seemed that the slight movement was enough to shake Ryo Inui awake from his deep sleep, and he absentmindedly stared at his colleagues.

"You guys..... I'm sorry....."

"Hey, Hound. No need for you to talk," Present Mic said slowly, and he pulled up a chair next to UA's Guard Dog. "You're had it rough, buddy."

"Urgh..... what a pain....." he murmured quietly.

"What did the doctors say?"

"Nothing, really. I'll be fine," Hound replied. "But I've got major burns and scars all over my body. My fur's been singed off completely. I'll look more like a hyena than a dog now."

The atmosphere in the room lightened after the light-hearted joke.

"Say, Hound," Midnight started. "(F/N) (L/N). He was the one who attacked you, was he?"

"(F/N) (L/N)? No, he was there. But he didn't attack me," Inui breathed.

"Wait, he didn't attack you?" Snipe asked perplexed. "Then who did?"

"It was the other one. The one with the blue flames, and the the scars all over his body," Hound replied. "It was him. (F/N) (L/N) didn't do anything. He was just standing behind him, watching us fight like some sort of spectator."

"You should have called for back-up, Hound!" Aizawa seethed. "We could have had a chance at catching him!"

"How could I? They isolated me in that goddamn forest. I was going to call for Ectoplasm's clones, but the fire villain wasn't giving me any time to report for help."

"That's..... strange," Midnight said uncertainly. "Why does (F/N) (L/N) keep showing up and then act as some sort of audience? It's almost like he's spiting on us. What's the deal?"

"He's almost certainly mocking us," Snipe said thoughtfully. "He's marveling at us, running around like mice in a trap, while he enjoys by watching. He's a sadist."