1. Charlie's Birthday

Who am I? I'm Ellie Miller, an ordinary 18-year-old girl in high school. 

Charlie's my bestie and my only friend. Today's her birthday. She's gonna sleep over at my home after going to her party. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

It was the last lesson of school. I can't wait till school ends cuz we're all going to Charlie's BIRTHDAY PARTY! The last lesson was Geography, my LEAST favourite subject. Mr Anderson went "blah blah blah" for 1 hour and I almost fell asleep. 

"Ellie Miller." Mr Anderson called my name. I wasn't paying attention. "What is the latitude and longitude of the North Pole?

"Emm... As a matter of fact... North Pole is also known as the Geographic North Pole or Terrestrial North Pole, is the point in the Northern Hemisphere where the Earth's axis of rotation meets its surface," I panicked, thinking about the question, "the latitude and longitude of the North Pole is, uhm... probably..."

"90° N, 135° W," whispered Charlie behind me.

"90° N, 135° W," I said immediately.

"Miss Miller, please pay attention to class next time."

I twirled my pencil again and again until it fell onto the ground. I picked it up but before finding a piece of old crumpled paper . It was an advertisement of a shop. Interesting. I shivered before putting it in my backpack quietly.

At this moment, the lights above me flickered a three as if sparks were falling off the ceiling. Then all lights went off for a few seconds, leaving me in the room filled with darkness, before becoming normal again. As the wind gushed in through the window, I noticed something weird. Nobody seemed to notice the flickering of the lights. I shivered at the thought.

Little did I know that the piece of parchment could change my whole life.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I was so glad when the bell rang at four. Everyone went crazy as we packed our backpacks and helped prepare Charlie's party at the pizzeria next to the school.

"Ellie, you look slightly different. Did you wear makeup or put on coloured lens?" Charlie asked after we've arrived at the pizzeria.

"Huh? No... I dunno..."

She looked at me closely, studying my face until she whispered in shock, "I think you eye colour became dark purple. Idk... probably because of the lighting...?" 

.

.

.

——————————————————————

Author's note

So that was chapter one! What do you think?

Thank you for choosing this book <3 

Please comment and vote!  ❤️