XXI

Dan's PoV

It was an absolute miracle that Jamie woke from her coma so quickly. She was going to be in a wheel chair for a long time. I was able to leave after three days, and Jamie: a week. Something happened, though. When I got home, I went to stay with Phil at his house for a while, and he said he had to tell me something.

"What is it?" I asked. He shifted uncomfortably and I looked at him with concern. Never once did Phil ever look this nervous about telling me something. His eyes filled with unease.

"Well, maybe I should just show you." He turned me around and a door opened. I watched as the 6"5 man stepped out. His tall hair brushed against the door frame.

"Hi," he said nervously. I stared at him, very uncomfortable by his presence. He was the guy who shot me.

"Don't take another step," the memory played.

I shook and backed into Phil, who wrapped his arms around me comfortingly. "It's okay," he told me. "He's changed."

"He shot me!" I blurted out. I felt Phil loosen his grip on me and stand up straighter.

"Jerry?"

The man, that I now knew as Jerry, shook his head and began to speak. "I'm sorry! I was under direct orders. I- I didn't mean to!" His eyes were filled with crystal tears, which slipped down his flushed, red cheeks.

Phil obviously wasn't mad at him for shooting me, but for keeping it a secret. He didn't take it as anger, though. He took it as shock. Phil was too caring to just report Jerry for being under orders. I felt drops of salty water fall into my hair and I knew Phil was crying. "I have felt so much guilt since then!" Jerry pleaded. "Please forgive me!" I felt Phil nod. I just held his arms, which were still wrapped around me, tighter around me.

"Well then I should tell you something," Phil told Jerry. Jerry nodded. "Dan's not my friend. He's my boyfriend." Jerry smiled. Obviously he approved. "Are we good now?" We all nodded.

Jerry began to head to his room, but not before pumping his fist and shouting, "CALLED IT!" He then slammed the wooden door behind him. I looked at Phil and giggled.

>•<

Phil's PoV

I can't believe Jerry lied to me! He told me Alfred shot Dan! I was so upset and shocked. I didn't know what to do. Fortunately we are on good terms. In return, I told him that Dan and I were dating. He seemed cool about it. Unfortunately, he is another hardcore Phan (as Jamie calls us) shipper. He pumped his fist in the air and screamed, "CALLED IT!" as he ran into his newly acquired room in my house.

After that little episode, Dan and I curled up on the couch and checked our emails. The first email I got was from Jamie, who had gotten into digital art. She sent me a folder of drawings of Dan and me. I smiled and opened the folder titled 'Phan'. There were a couple of photos of us with cat whiskers in there as well. I snickered and moved onto the next email.

The next one was from the school reminding us the talent show was this Friday. That was Jamie's first day back. We hadn't rehearsed that much and I didn't feel confidant with a speech about my old cat and my cake and a puppy shelter. I went into notes and began to type.

>•<

When I was finished, Dan looked at me. "What are you typing?" he asked, leaning over to see. I quickly pulled the computer away.

"It's a surprise!" I giggled. He smiled and kissed me. We heard the door open and we broke apart. Jerry stood in the door with my old iPad that I gave him. Jamie's face was on the camera and she was squealing.

"You guys are so cute!" she squealed. I blushed and covered my face while Dan threw a pillow at Jerry. "I can't wait to come home so I can stalk you without the help of Jerry." We knew she was joking but we still gasped. Then laughed.

I can't wait until the talent show.