001 , it all starts with death

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Aunt Jenna," Asteria muttered, doing her best to control the urge to curse out the man she was forced to call father. "You have nothing to worry about. I'm just a bit," Asteria paused, thinking for a moment before releasing a slightly feral grin, "Antisocial."

Doing her best to hid the fact that she was about to cry, Jenna sniffed a few times and smiled a watery smile. "Yes, well," Jenna quickly used her sleeve to wipe her eyes, "It's good to know you do talk to people. Especially after seeing how supportive she's been to you in the past few months, I'm glad she's your friend."

Smiling softly, Asteria whispered, "I'm glad she's my friend too. I wouldn't trade her for the world."

Clapping happily, Jenna jumped up to her feet and beamed, "That's wonderful! Invite her over to dinner sometime, alright? I need to go wake the others, and," Jenna looked at the clock on Asteria's nightstand and froze, "Oh no! I'm running late!" Quickly rushing out of the room, she almost slipped on the rug before she disappeared out the door.

Rolling her eyes fondly, Asteria stood up and grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulders. A loud slam drew her attention back to her door, where Jenna stood once again, except this time, she was hunched over trying to catch some air.

     Asteria raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Aunt Jenna?"

Jenna raised a finger, indicating Asteria to give her a moment. Taking a deep breathe in, Jenna stood up straight and asked, "Are you walking to school?"

"And if I was?" Asteria retorted, wondering why her aunt was even mentioning this. She didn't have a problem when I brought this up a month ago.

Jenna hesitated for a moment before gathering up her courage and saying, "Well, it's just with the recent animal attacks... I just want you to be safe."

"Don't worry, Aunt Jenna. Destiny's coming to pick me up, so I won't be walking," Asteria reassured with a small smile.

Sighing in relief, Jenna nodded, "Okay good. Do you want coffee? I'm brewing some if you do. Just come down before the other two do or else there will be no more left."

"Okay, Aunt Jenna," Asteria shouted as the strawberry blonde haired woman disappeared once again. Turning around, Asteria gently put down her bag as she strolled to her window, the smile she had on her face dropping instantly. "Ah, yes, the death of that couple. How very dreadful."

There was a silence in her room as she stood silently in front of her windowsill. She could hear the footsteps of the other members of the family running around, rushing to get ready in time. Her blue eyes turned cold as they sharply observed her surrounding. Not long after, her red lips pulled up into a devious smile as she whispered, "Welcome back to Mystic Falls, dearest Salvatore brothers."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Walking down the stairs, Asteria was greeted with the sight of her Aunt Jenna rushing around the kitchen, scrambling to get everything ready, and her twin sister, Elena, pouring herself a cup of coffee. Knocking on the wooden counter to alert the others of her presence, she made her way over to the cabinets and grabbed a mug to pour her coffee into.

"Pancakes?" Jenna questioned, running over to the fridge and pulling it open, "Do you guys want to eat pancakes?"

"No thanks," Asteria replied as she poured coffee into her cup and took a sip. "Mmhmm," she sighed, enjoying the flavors that attacked her taste buds.