62: That doesn't give you the tight to steal another's man wife

Reading his father's journal filled Meng Yao with all kinds of emotions. Why had his father never spoken of these things when he was growing up? He wanted to throw the journal away but wanted to read it just as much. He felt compelled to continue learning about his parents – he could cry only after knowing everything. He read on.

Yaoyao when you grow up and marry you'll realize that the competition for your wife isn't only potential suitors but babies as well.

Xiao Si never wants you to leave his sight. Son, if you know me and I've done any petty things – just know this is reason why.

You stole my wife away from me.

Meng Yao found himself chuckling softly.

Today you got your first white jade. Xiao Si customized it for you Yaoyao, he loves you so dearly. Our days are nothing but happy and I hope that never ends – but I fear it will.

Yaoyao today you crept along the floor! Now that you can creep it means that you can crawl away and let me have my WIFE! Xiao Si was happy he gave me a loving kiss. I wanted to turn it into more but your Daddy said we couldn’t lead you astray. All I know is that I love Xiao Si with everything in me. I feel there can be no other for me in this life.

Let me tell you a little more about your Daddy.

Xiao Si is a free spirit and a great martial artist whereas I'm only a strategist. I barely know martial arts and sometimes wonder how Xiao Si could love a helpless man like me. But I know the reason your Daddy loves me is because out of everyone in the world I understand him the most. I saw his dreams and I did my best to give them to him. I believe in him and trust his strength. Unlike the rest of this world, I never saw him as merely a beautiful face. For me, he isn’t a wife to be locked away or a damsel in distress – he is a brilliant, strong, intelligent man who can stand on his own but chose to stand with me. (Those are his words, by the way.)

Xiao Si knows that Chong Lin could never understand him the way I do. (In my opinion, he wouldn’t even try. Chong Lin embraces this world’s view of she-men.) His obsession towards Xiao Si has only pushed him farther away.  Xiao Si is a person who wants to be respected and given his freedom. He is a person who needs to make his own decisions and live life as he chooses. If Chong Lin had just made the effort to truly understand that, maybe he could have been here.

Yaoyao, your daddy is a strong, kind, and inspiring person. When I am not around, I want you to keep the flames burning inside his eyes and I also want you to pass those flames on to the next generation.

Yaoyao, you walked today and guess what? You’re a real cock blocker, you know. (I'm not worried that I’m saying this to a child. I told Xiaoxiao to give it to you after you’re 19.) I'm just saying that it was bad enough when you couldn't walk. Now you’re just being rude! I'm trying to have my wife here!

Meng Yao was laughing as he read. His father was made him sound like he was the worst! It felt as though his father was talking directly to him just now. Jia Yi glanced over and watched Meng Yao as he laughed at what he was reading. He was happy to see Meng Yao smiling. Even though Meng Yao was often smiling, Jia Yi knew those smiles weren’t real smiles – unlike the smile on Meng Yao’s face right now. He could tell his husband loved and missed his father. Jia Yi subconsciously caressed his tummy while smiling at his husband who was now talking to the book.

"Father, don't say such things! I want to have many kids with my Jiajia, you know," Meng Yao told the book.

I love you Yaoyao. I love Xiaoxiao as well. I love this family and I never want to go back that other world. But somehow, I feel I will. As you grow, the dreams become clearer and my instincts keep warning me that this bliss won’t last.

Last night I had a nightmare that I was falling down the face of a cliff. Xiaoxiao was reaching out for me but our hands couldn’t meet. At the bottom of the cliff was my father glaring up at me. I'm scared. I don't want to leave you two but I’m afraid I will have no choice.

Meng Yao could see a tear stain on the paper. His father obviously hated China and was happy here. Meng Yao was in pain for his father. He wished he could tell him it would be okay but it obviously wasn’t.

Last night all of us fell asleep star gazing. Our recklessness caused you to become feverish. You’ve slept a lot today and seem better. Xiao Si and I are watching you as you sleep, now. We’re still worried about you so we have stayed up watching the stars as we watch over you.

Yaoyao, you’re all better now! (And as usual, you’ve stolen my wife away from me! Now you’re just asking for a fight! You may be a cute bundle of joy but that doesn't give you the right to steal another man's wife. And you’re a cheeky brat too! Give me back my wife, baobao!)

Yaoyao, yesterday we had an unexpected guest.  Feng Chong Lin has tracked us down.

Edited by Relendria