24: Even though they were poor and in need they kept their morals

Edited by Relendria

Liang Meng Yao kept on kissing Hong Jia Yi intensely but stopped, biting Jia Yi's bottom lip when he saw that his poor wife wasn't breathing.

Hong Jia Yi breathed, trying to calm his racing heart but his husband wouldn't let go of his bottom lip. Moments later, Liang Meng Yao went in for another kiss, pressing Hong Jia Yi against the table and holding his face as he deepened the kiss.

Hong Jia Yi held Liang Meng Yao waist as the two engaged in a five-minute-long kiss. The two were very engaged and felt enticed by each other. They paused to catch their breath and it was then that they caught the smell of rice burning. Hong Jia Yi pushed Liang Meng Yao off and ran to the pot.

Liang Meng Yao felt proud of his skills, even though Hong Jia Yi was a bit upset about the burnt food. Years of poverty left him with the strong feeling that food shouldn't be wasted.

"Did it burn badly?" Liang Meng Yao asked when he saw Jia Yi's unhappy expression.

"No, but food shouldn't be wasted!" he scolded even as he blushed.

"Fine, fine... I won't kiss you when you're cooking anymore," Liang Meng Yao promised.

Their relationship was really straight forward. They both were willing to tell each other what they were and weren't okay with and this made Liang Meng Yao very happy.

Hong Jia Yi trusted and listened to Liang Meng Yao while Liang Meng Yao treated Hong Jia Yi with the respect that he rarely got. If Hong Jia Yi said he didn't like something then Liang Meng Yao wouldn't do it. There was no need for arguing between the two.

Hong JiaYi finished cooking in peace. When he served the meal they both enjoyed it.

The next day Liang Meng Yao told his two workers to go hunting with him.

"Hunting? But what about work?" Wen Shen asked.

"Don't worry about it. Tomorrow is your day off but today you will work by carrying things for me."

"I see. Okay."

"Oh, and remember to keep the things ust between us, understand?"

"Understood," the two men promised.

Liang Meng Yao wanted them to be his full time employess. They were reliable, honest, and didn't seem greedy, which was good.

The three went up the mountain leaving their she-men at home.

Liang Meng Yao had the others set up traps while they scavenged for more edible fruits and vegetables. After telling the boys what to pick, they had the berry sack and potato sacks filled in no time and then the three men just sat patiently watching the traps.

It turned out to be a good thing they could just sit and watch since the animals just kept running into the traps. The smell of fresh fruit and few other things drew them in, one after the other. Liang Meng Yao killed each one and placed them in his game bag.

Suddenly a small fox rushed after a rabbit and they caught both in the trap.

"That makes nine with the fox," Liang Meng Yao said. "I think that's enough for one day."

The two brothers didn't argue and they made their way back home.

"So here you go," Liang Meng Yao said, dividing up their harvest between them.

"No! So much? You're too generous, Mr. Liang," Wen Shen protested.

"Don't worry, just take it. You both worked hard and you have a large family. It's only Hong Jia Yi and me here, so you keep the larger portion of our catch," Liang Meng Yao insisted.

"Thank you very much," Wen Shen gave in, "we are very grateful."

Liang Meng Yao nodded and they all said their goodbyes. Liang Meng Yao was gonna pay them too but they firmly refused. How could they they take money in addition to the five prey and large quantity of potatoes, peppers, and lemons? In addition, they were given a few parcels of rice during the week! They could be a little shameless to feed their family but they can't be that shameless. Yes, their situation is a bit tough but they still have their morals.

"Enlai'er! Enlai'er!" the doctor yelled as he entered their house.

He just returned from checking a patient only to find to an empty house. He noticed a note on the table and read it before crumpling it up in anger.

"Lai'er, you troublesome brat - just you wait!"

He immediately left the house and went over to the village chief.

Fa Enlai looked back over at the village from a distance. There was no way he was going to marry that bastard! He had decided to run away. It was too bad he couldn't bring Liang Meng Yao with him but the man was happy with his new family and Fa Enlai wasn't willing to ruin that. If Fa Enlai didn't want him he would simply find someone else who was as good on his own.