A Night to Remember

Start from the beginning

That life doesn't begin

Doesn't begin

Doesn't begin

Doesn't begin

Doesn't begin

Until you're

In!"

Stevie let out a shudder over publicly singing, ignoring the look Kevin was giving her. He tried getting her to audition for a main role but she was very stubborn and adamant about helping behind the scenes.

She also promised she would audition for next year's musical.

"Welcome to Carrie the Musical." Kevin smiled but it quickly dropped at the sound of Fangs dragging his chair across the stage. Stevie held her hand over her mouth to cover the giggles as her brother greeted their friend.

"Okay. Next, introductions." Kevin started, motioning to Archie, "I'm Archie, I'm playing Tommy Ross. The boy next door."

"I'm Betty, I play Sue Snell. The good girl."

"Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl, Chris Hargensen."

"I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White."

Ethel Muggs had let out a dry chuckle as Josie coughed into her hand, "Tone deaf."

"Who's playing your mom? Margaret White?" Ethel asked as the side doors opened, revealing...Alice Cooper.

"Mom."

"Wait, seriously?" Ethel questioned in disbelief as Kevin defended himself and Alice, "Yes, it's untraditional. But to me, there's nothing more amateur than age-inappropriate casting."

"That. And I refused to audition so he went with Plan B." Stevie commented, winking at Kevin as he glared at her.

"I'm really looking forward to getting to know who this woman is," Alice smiled, "you know, get under her skin. And of course, to spend some quality time with my daughter, Elizabeth."

The auditorium doors shut as yet another person joined them. Stevie looked over her shoulder and her jaw dropped at seeing Chuck Clayton.

"I thought rehearsal was in the music room." Chuck explained, standing between Kevin and Archie.

"No problem," Kevin smiled, avoiding eye contact with his best friend, who was burning a hole in the side of his head, "all are welcome."

Clearly, Stevie wasn't the only one who didn't know about Chuck being in the musical by the looks on practically everyone's face.

"Actually, before we begin," Cheryl interrupted, standing up, "I've heard whisperings that some of you ensemble vultures don't think I'm fit to play or sing-"

"No-"Josie told Cheryl as the red-head glared back at her, "the role of Carrie White."

"So, to settle this matter once and for all," She continued, "Maestro."

"Okay, uh, Cheryl-" Kevin tried

"That's not my name!" Cheryl sang,

"Cheryl." Kevin tried again

"I'd hear that word

Sounding so sweet

Thousands of voices forever repeating

Carrie, Carrie, Carrie

I am a sound of distant thunder

That color, a flame!