When she was eventually led away, Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl walked into the container. The shock they felt when they found their family was stronger than the fear they felt. But it didn't stop Carl's curiosity and his constant need to be heroic.

"Who was that girl?" He asked once everyone had calmed down.

Everyone turned to him, surprised he had spoken since he had been quiet when they first arrived.

"She's called Amelia. She was here before us, keeps trying to piss them off any chance she gets," Tara answered, with a shrug.

"She mentioned them wanting to kill her before she left." Glenn continued, only increasing Carl's curiosity.

———————

Amelia walked with Gareth from his room to the butchering area. A black gag was tied in her mouth making any witty remark she could of possibly had impossible to voice. Her hands were tied behind her back and he was leading her by her arm, which she couldn't refuse now.

"I'm about tired of your bullshit. We've been lenient ever since you got here. But your last stunt just about does it Amelia." He spoke calmly with the tiniest sliver of amusement, clicking his tongue at the end.

Amelia stayed quiet, refusing the enjoyment he would get of her trying to speak through the gag. He chuckled at this, the clipboard in his hand hitting his chest as he walked.

When they got in the room, she could see people kneeling over the sink, ready for their demise. She recognised Glenn, with a look of fear gracing his features and she couldn't help the small sliver of pity she felt for him. She saw the people from outside the container as well, but felt herself grow sick when she saw the man next to Glenn have his head hit with a bat, and then his throat quickly slit.

She tuned out there conversation as she was thrown next to him, making her next in line for her throat to be slit. That was not happening on Amelia's watch. Looking around she met eyes with Rick, someone she had never had the chance to speak to since she was dragged away but she recognised him from outside of the containers. He had a slight crazed look on his face and she knew he had the same goal as her. They both nodded to each other, and merely a second later an explosion sounded through the air.

Panic struck everyone, including Gareth who ran out of the room leaving her to be stuck with the situation at hand. She wasn't sure what they were planning on doing or if they were even going to try and save themselves but she knew she wasn't sticking around for her own death.

The butcher's spoke among each other, worried on the disaster that was taking place outside, wondering if they should go help or carry on with their job at hand. One of them was terrified however the other was ready to carry on, and didn't seem too dazed about the explosion.

Before the bat could be brought down on her head, she quickly rolled out from under the sink and stood. She kicked her leg up as hard and high as she could, which was surprisingly high, and made contact with his chest as he stumbled back to the floor, his head colliding with the corner of the sink. She expected to have to deal with the other man too, but it seemed the rest of the group had taken care of that.

Daryl walked towards her, untying her hands from her back while Rick took the gag out of her mouth. If it wasn't for her, he didn't know if Glenn would of got out in time, and that thought made him queasy.

"Come on we can't stay here," He was quick with his words and her quick nod was enough for them all to race out the door, her grabbing one of the butcher knives as she went.

He noticed that Amelia hadn't shown any emotion since he had met her. There was no fear, no grief, no disgust. It worried him slightly, wondering if this world had pushed the young girl over the edge.