Chapter 13: Marchu and the flowers

Wren walked around the purple forest, hoping to find another dragon. It was sort of amazing how they all lived here, and she couldn't believe how nice it was living there. Oh, how she missed her mom and Xavier. She hoped they were okay, wherever they were. Last she had heard of, the villages were safe but since the castle was taken over, they were bound to attack it soon.

Soon enough, Wren reached a peculiar spot. It was overgrown with flowers of all sorts and all colors, besides purple. A green dragon rested in a bed of flowers.

"Ummm, hello?" Wren said. The green dragon's eyes flew open.

"Hello....human? How is there a human here? That's highly disturbing...." The dragon muttered. "I'm sure I can just ask Ajowan......But anyways, I'm Marchu. My power is I can make flowers grow. I won't bore you with details, but you should probably leave now."

"Why?"

"I've been stuck in this place forever. I have nothing to do, so I just sleep all day. I would do anything to get out of here." Marchu said.

"Perfect! I really need you for something!"

"Sure, just tell me when you want to go and I'll fly you out of here."

"How about.....now!" Wren was overwhelmed and excited.

"Woah, slow down there.....tell you what, I don't like doing anything alone, can you get my siblings and besties Zaatar and Cassia?" Wren had met Cassia before, she was pretty nice.

"Oh, and also, before you go, here's a little something." Marchu gave her a tiny flower, a Cala lily. It sprouted a face and looked at Wren. And suddenly, all the flowers sprouted faces.

"I guess it's blooming time." Marchu said, yawning. She flew up into the air above the flowers, spraying pink glitter on them. The glitter landed on their stems to form out names for all of them.

"The flowers are my friends, as I make them bloom."

"Best be on my way, it was nice meeting you!" Wren said goodbye to Marchu, hoping to find Cassia and Zaatar soon.