Chapter Thirty-One

...

"No way!! We're not risking hitting her heart, Kagome! I'd rather die!" Koga shouts, infuriated at the idea alone. "It seems they are more than happy to go along with that, Koga," Kagome shouts, "There's no other way!"

Koga jumps between Asumi, Miroku and Sango. "Stay away from my mate," He growls through gritted teeth.

"Kagome!," Sango shouts, "It's driving Koga insane! He's not himself anymore!"

"She's right, Kagome, what can we do?" Shippo asks. Kagome purses her lips in a stuck thought, unable to find solution.

What nobody had noticed, was that while Asumi kept them all occupied, Naraku had left, escaping, as he always did.

"Koga! Watch out!" Koga turns just in time to be punched in the gut by Asumi. A hard punch. Not one a normal Asumi would be capable of. Koga's hands fly to his stomach, doubling over slowly, falling to his knees.

"Kagome, if she can do that to Koga with one hit.." Miroku starts, Unable to finish. "I know!" Kagome says sharply.

"Move Outta the way, Kagome!!!" Comes a voice as the person it belongs to comes through the door-- Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha!" The whole gang exclaim, all except for Asumi and Koga.

"Inuyasha, there's a--" "I know Kagome! Just shuddup and let me handle it!" and with that, Inuyasha charges at Asumi, pushing Koga out of the way as he shoves his Tetsusaiga against the mark on her chest, visible to very few.

Almost immediately he pulls it back, Asumi falling to the ground, red pouring out from where he hit- Though not blood. Toxin. How Naraku was controlling her.

Koga jumps out and catches his falling mate in his arms, holding her close to his body. Sasuke and Yumi comes running, to check on her. Asumi whines a long, a loud whine. "Hnnnnnnnnn.. Koga, it hurts.. he examines the various wounds on her body from torture. "I know. I promise we'll get that taken care of." He stands up, holding her in his arms. "I.. Owe you one, Inuyasha." Inuyasha scowls, "What're you talking about Mutt?! I was just saving Kagome!" he retaliates, almost too quickly.

"Guys, save the fighting for later," Miroku starts as the ground beneath their feet begins trembling violently, "We have a bigger problem, first."