The Lonely Traveler

Start from the beginning

Clyde : Oh?

~~~~

Overseer Otto : You have been a very valuable asset to me my friend

Clyde : I am not an asset, you don't own me. Nor am I your friend.

Otto frowned at him, unhappy at being interrupted.

Overseer Otto : Nevertheless, I thought paying you in money wouldn't be enough. So I'm willing to give you information.

Clyde raised an eyebrow at him.

Overseer Otto : Trust me, you'll want to hear this.

Otto snapped his finger and a virtual screen appeared in front of them showing a map of Germany.

Overseer Otto : About a week ago, honkai readings at this location spiked. Out of curiosity, I used one of my satellites to send me footage of the place. Through it, I saw a girl.

Clyde : You saw a girl.. ok?

Overseer Otto : Watch this

A video played. So far, there were only honkai beasts. There were some incredibly strong ones too. The field was so green, yet something was odd.

The green grass was slowly... Freezing. Shortly after, a girl came into view. Her arms were extended out in front of her. She seemed oblivious of the frozen grasslands surrounding her.

'She looked so familiar... Could it be?'

Clyde rubbed his temple, trying to stop his headache from getting worse.

Overseer Otto : Does she seem familiar?

Clyde glanced at the screen once more, then walked out of the room. Stopping halfway he looked back at the Overseer.

Clyde : This better not be one of your 'jokes'

Overseer : I will be right here waiting for news of your reunion Clyde...

~~~~ (14 years ago)

Young Clyde : Hey, promise me. Whatever happens, you'll be with me.

His sister's beautiful purple hair fell to her shoulders, and her blue eyes filled with tears looked at him.

Clyde's sister : I promise, we'll make it out of this together. Then we can run in the flower fields again

She held him tight to her chest, praying that someone would come.

Clyde's sister : I love you Clyde
Young Clyde : I love you sis

An eery, hoarse voice spoke.

??? : You girl, you are a promising one...

A blinding light filled the room and the he was alone. All he saw was black mist disappearing into thin air. He sobbed, his cries echoed through the empty room.

...

??? : Oh poor boy, are you alone?