The Lonely Traveler

The man whimpered in the chair he was tied to, his face half deformed and his blood splattered across the floor

Stranger : I'll ask you one last time, where is the artifact?

Middle aged man : Like hell I'll tell you!!

The stranger covered his face with one hand as he sighed, and looked at him. This time however, his eyes turned orange and looked like a cat's.

Stranger : I didn't want to do this, but you're forcing me.

A pistol materialised into the stranger's hand as he pointed it towards the man's forehead. He pulled the flint back...

"NO!!"

The stranger's eyes turned back to normal, hearing a little girl's voice.

Middle aged man : NO! ANNIE RU-MMPRH

Stranger : Shh

Annie slowly walked towards him, sobbing and hugging her doll.

Annie : Please don't hurt my daddy.

Stranger : It's ok Annie. I won't.

He turned around and had a devilish smile on his face, and looked at the man straight in the eye. The man knew exactly what it meant.

Middle aged man : P-please not her. I'll- I'll do it. I'll give you the artifact. Just please leave my girl alone.

He untied the man from his chair and pushed him.

Stranger : Show me

Struggling, the man made his way upstairs, while having a gun pointed to his back.

The man entered his office and typed on a computer. Soon after, the bookshelf moved to the side to reveal a hidden safe. It needed a handprint to unlock it.

Stranger : Open it

The man obeyed and the safe opened. The stranger gently pushed him aside and took the artifact. The poor man hugged his daughter tightly to his chest. The stranger looked at them with a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

Stranger : Thank you.

~~~~~

Rita : Welcome back Master Verhaffen, how was the mission?

Clyde : It was... Successful

He felt disgusted at what he did at the man and his daughter, then again what could he have done? Negotiating would have taken too long

Rita sensed him feeling uneasy and pat him on the head. A gesture that she doesn't do often.

Clyde : Is this how you spoil Bianka?

Rita : No, this is how I spoil you. Master Durandal gets something much better.

Clyde : Gee, I'm jealous.

Clyde pushed her hand away.

Rita : The overseer wants to see you