Mujhse Dosti Karogi

Börja om från början

Shraddha wasn't from a very affluent family and the school in which they had studied, they made friends out and out based on their lifestyle even at that tender age. This had always irritated Aadhya. She had no issues with them but many of her friends had judged her for befriending Shraddha. Some voiced out openly and a few like minded people wanted to mingle with others but they did not for they were afraid of being judged by others.

Shraddha was intelligent and one of the rank holders in school but she had to keep her friendship low to avoid the troublemakers. Aadhya avoided problems wherever she went and she hated having showdowns. Shraddha belonged to a middle class family and her parents could just afford her school fees but they weren't in a position to give her the kind of luxury some of them in her school had. She had cleared her board exams in flying colors. She had managed to even secure a rank in a subject or two. But that alone wasn't enough. Her mother had fallen sick right after her school and that demanded them to spend more than what they could pushing her to make different career choices and she even withdrew herself from all the people she considered close not wanting to answer their questions or even have them pity on her. That's how she pushed out Aadhya.

The best friends hugged one another tightly. Aadhya pushed her away and glared at her. Shraddha knew she had to answer this time. They were a few who would have treated her the way she did not like but Aadhya Chopra would have have treated her differently. She had always respected her boundaries even though they were best friends. Aadhya's parents always welcomed her and not once did they question her in any ill manner or even stopped Aadhya from spending time with her at her place as far as she remembered.

"Why don't you run again Shraddha ? Isn't that what you always choose to do. Coward" she angrily yelled at her not so best friend now.

Shraddha took a minute to compose herself before she could deal with her friend who was standing before her in a not so good mood. She suddenly felt a hand on her shoulders. She looked up to see her brother in law, Avinash Nanda staring at the person who just yelled at her.

"Avinash, please. It's my problem to deal with. Trust me I am more than fine here" she calmed him before he went all protective on her. The infamous Nanda trait.

"Do me a favour, send me a couple of glasses of watermelon juice this way and make sure your brother shows up here. Plus ask him not to delay this time" she instructed her brother in law.

"You were just saying that it's your problem to deal with and now you want Akhil? " Avinash asked her but his eyes trained on the beauty standing in front of him.

"Of course I can. Does she look dangerous to you? I am asking for your brother to introduce him and not for what you are imagining in that hot head of yours" she replied and looked at her best friend who was watching them boringly. She even thought Aadhya rolled her eyes at them. Maybe her imagination because the Aadhya she knew had patience and lots of them.

"Aadhya, I am sorry but can we really talk this time. I know it's my fault but can we pretty please." Shraddha begged her friend.

She was easy to talk and have fun but dealing when she was angry was the worst. And nothing can make her more happy than a watermelon juice whenever her mood was bad. She really hoped she was right and remembered this much about her. It's indeed been ages.

They found a corner and sat down. Shraddha cleared her throat and started narrating her painful past"I cleared my boards with great marks I thought but I performed really bad at the entrance exams. Mumma fell sick and it turned out she needed an open heart surgery. If I were to stick around you then for sure I would have talked to you about it and you know what would have happened cos you are very close to uncle"

"Cut it Shraddha. I have respected your decisions. Even if I were to do what you assumed I would, we could have sat and talked about it." Aadhya fumed at her.

"Let me finish please. Then surgery had to go wrong and I lost mumma at the surgery table itself. That pushed dad in to depression and he did come around after a few months. Then I joined interior designing as the last choice. You know how much I wanted to be a doctor but had to settle for something I did not like  but ended up liking it. I mean interior designing. Later, joined Nanda Corporation as an intern more and then"

Shraddha suddenly felt a shadow looming over her and the strong masculine scent hitting her nostrils that made her brain go fuzzy. The one that made her go weak on her knees every time without fail.

"He happened Aadhya. Meet Akhil Nanda, my husband" she shared her past and leaned against her husband's chest feeling his hands going around her shoulders.

Aadhya folded her hands against her chest and looked at the couple standing before her. They looked perfect. Flawless. She could see her friends eyes twinkle. She was happy for her definitely but whatever happened between them wasn't right. She was still digesting the reason she shared. Her heart went out to her friend after knowing she lost her mother but Shraddha found it not necessary to share it with her. She was going to draw her line right there.

"Congrats Shraddha" her voice was cold. It lacked the warmth it generally had.

"Aayu please"

"Was I so difficult to find even when you were to be married and settle down? I mean we are the Chopras and not very difficult to look up " Aadhya asked haughtily.

"Abh tho gussa chod , promise I will stay with you. Lauti friend hai meri (quit being angry, promise I will stay with you. My only friend)"

"I can't stay angry with you for long. But the rest of it I am not very sure at this point" Aadhya added and hugged her not so best friend.

"I assume both of you are doing fine? And wow can't believe Shraddha is actually pleading with someone. That definitely is something I thought wouldn't live to see" Akhil spoke at last and this earned him a punch on his arm from his wife.

"I am Akhil Nanda . And you are Aadhya Chopra" he forwarded his hand.

She shook her hands with him and beamed at him. She knew he was a goner for his friend and she was very happy for her.

Akhil walked away from them and let the friends be with one another to go see his brother if he needed any help.

"Bhai ! All good ?" Akhil asked

"I mean who is she? She has been spitting fire like some dragon from the time I have seen her around with bhabhi (Shraddha)" Avinash asked looking at them from a distance. His eyes were stuck on the lady in blue. For the first time someone did not bat an eye at him.

"Best friends. They had lost being in touch for more than 10 years and Shraddha did not know she would find her at the party. She had shared these stories with me but this is the first time she was seeing her after ages. I guess both were just pretty excited. But can you imagine someone shouting at Shraddha and Shraddha actually explaining herself" Akhil kept playing the conversation in his head.

"Joru ka ghulam (wife's slave)" Avinash teased his brother and his brain flashed a picture of her once again.

To be continued ~

Looking forward to all your comments and likes. Thanks for reading this chapter so patiently.