Pope sat down at a computer and John B pulled the map out of his bag. 

I looked out the window as they pulled up the coordinates. 

"That's the continental shelf right there. If it's off the deep end there's not going to be much of a treasure hunt is there?" He asked, looking at John B. 

They zoomed in on the red dot and waited.

"Shit it's in the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B exclaimed. 

"That's not too deep." JJ said. 

"Is that doable or something?" Kie and I chorused. 

"Yeah. Totally doable." JJ nodded his head. 

"Okay. Will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope looked up at him. 

"How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?" John B looked at him, running a hand through his hair. 

"The salvage yard." I said. 

"They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything." JJ finished. "It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need." 

"Can your dad even get his grimy little hands on it?" John B frowned. 

"Well, my dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired." JJ shook his head. "I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out."

"The drones there. In the impound yard out back." I lifted JJ's arm and pressed into his side. 

"You sure?" John B asked, looking between JJ and I.

"I've seen it." I nodded at him.  

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie asked, looking at John B.

"400 million." He told her. 

"400 million dollars?" Kie asked, raising her eyebrow at him. 

"Yep."

Kie got up from her chair and raced towards the door that was being blocked by Pope. 

"No. Absolutely not. No!" Pope said, holding his arms out. 

"Pope, move!" Kie said, grabbing his arm. 

"Guys, that's too--" He started, getting cut off as everyone left. 

"Don't worry too much, Pope." I patted his arm as I walked past him. 

"Can't we do anything legal for money?" He asked me as John B pushed us out the door. 

"Apparently not, Pope." I laughed. 

We all hopped in the twinkie and I sat with JJ as he rolled up another joint. 

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." John B said. 

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope replied. 

"Wow, you just come up with that?" John B asked him. 

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope said. 

"Oh." John B nodded his head. 

"So, which is it?" Pope asked, turning in his seat. "Fantasy or reality?"

John B looked back at us before glancing at Kie. 

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked. 

"It's fantasy. But possibly reality." Kie said. 

"Reality." John B said, smiling at her. 

"I dunno. I think it's fantasy." I told Pope. 

"Virtual reality." JJ said, the j hanging from his lips as he flipped open a lighter. 

I smirked as I watched Pope grab the j from his lips and toss it away. 

"Keep the signal clear." He said to JJ.

We pulled up to mine and Kie's home and Kie hopped out. 

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked. 

"No, but I'm sure you're gonna tell me." Pope rolled his eyes. 

"You're always so tense." JJ started. "You gotta just, chill out for a minute." 

"JJ, stop. Pope doesn't have to smoke if he doesn't want to." I said, nudging his foot with mine. 

"It's not me I'm worried about." I heard Kie say as she walked away and got in her car.