1.9

And I screamed for whatever it's worth

"I love you," ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?

He looks up grinning like a devil

Cruel Summer, Taylor Swift

I shined my flashlight again and frowned, reaching my hand out.

"Blake? What'd you find?" John B called.

Instead of answering I walked towards the hole and handed him the package I found.

"That's not gold." He said, taking it and turning around.

I shimmied out of the hole and tripped over my own foot, scrapping my knee as I hit the ground, barely catching myself against JJ.

"Holy shit." John B said, looking around at us.

"This is from my dad." John B looked over at Pope beside him.

We stood in a circle and stared at each other.

I frowned as another car pulled up. "Turn your lights off."

"Code red. Code red." JJ said. "Square groupers."

"Go, go." Kie said rushing us away.

"It's the guys who robbed your house." JJ spoke. We crouched behind the crypt and all turned our lights off.

"Light." Pope said, grabbing JJ's head and turning his headlamp off as he put his joint out on the concrete wall.

"John B, your light!" Kie said as John B scrambled to turn his light off.

"Do you think it's them? Kie asked, looking around the corner with JJ.

"Homie's got a gun." JJ murmured.

"Screw this." I said, standing up and running away. The others quickly followed me and I jumped over the gate.

They all followed me and Pope stopped.

"Guys, I'm stuck!" Pope said.

"No, Pope. Don't move, okay?" JJ asked, pulling out his gun.

"JJ, what?" I grabbed his arm and forced it down. "Put it away!"

"You're gonna rip me." Pope said as John B tugged on him, trying to get him down.

"It's fine." Kie said, pulling him down.

"Nice. Come on, dude." JJ said, turning and hauling ass to the twinkie. "It's a little Tootsie Roll."

Kie laughed. "Come on!" She yanked the door open and we all jumped in as John B ran around the other side and got into the driver side.

The tires squealed as we sped off, laughing loudly as Pope tried to cover himself with his hands.

John B sped through town to the Chateau. We made it there just after 10pm.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." I told JJ as he made a sandwich.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ smirked at me. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"That's gross." I said, sitting next to John B at the table.

"JJ." Kie said, causing JJ to stop and run over.