Part 24: Know Where Your Heart Belongs

Hey fabulous readers! The part written in the prologue is here! Thank you for all the love for my book. ☺ Enjoy Reading. Vote and comment if you like the story. ☺

Brianna's POV

I stood frozen right there on the dance floor. Tim stopped, too and looked at me with concern. I couldn't tear my gaze from a pair of ocean blue eyes. Alex's lips moved in a growl and even at that distance, I could see that both his fists were tightly clenched on the table. I didn't know the first thing about men and their moods, but Alex looked like he was in a wild trance with an animal instinct. He looked ready to pounce on his prey with ease. Tim's soft voice pulled me out of the spell.

"Brianna, what's wrong? You're pale again and you zoned out."

I brought myself to look at Tim again.

"No, nothing. I just thought I saw someone I knew."

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Well, then maybe, I should take you to the private seating area where you won't be bothered by people."

"Then maybe, I'll take you to a private place and beat you shitless for touching my girlfriend."

Girlfriend?

He wasn't amusing me any more and the fact that he threatened Tim by calling me his girlfriend nudged my temper bad. I turned around to face the immature bastard.

"Excuse me? Your girlfriend?"

His blue eyes narrowed to the arm Tim had wrapped protectively around my waist. His lips curled in a disapproving frown and he eyed me again, his eyes softening. I wanted to yell abuses at him right in the middle of the dance floor and it would have been way easier if he wasn't looking so breathtaking. Dressed immaculately in a blue suit that filled the contours of his muscles, he stood there with his hair neatly combed back, leaving just a strand of brown hair on his forehead. His bruises were fading, leaving behind just a shade of purple. His hands were tucked in his pockets in a way that made me worry that his biceps and triceps would just find their way out of the tight sleeves.

His expression changed and he smirked knowingly. He knew I was staring and the smug bastard was openly proud of it. I gathered my wits and stood up facing him stubbornly.

"Well? Cat got your tongue?"

"Yes, girlfriend," he said, softly.

Tim glanced at me, anxious for my answer.

"You're joking right? I don't want to have this conversation with you. We are in the middle of a dance floor for God's sake. Are you not happy with the spectacle you already made of me this morning that you're doing it again now?"

"Wait, it was this guy? The guy who called me to complain about you?"
Tim was visibly irritated.

"Yes, that was me and now you could save yourself from a lot of trouble if you would take your hand off my girlfriend's waist."

"Your girlfriend? Really Alex, girlfriend? You threatened Tim to fire me just this morning and now you just barge in here like nothing's happened!"

While Alex's temper was visibly ticking, I turned to Tim before I could have tears in my eyes.

"Tim, can we go, please? I don't feel like eating anymore."

He sighed and acquiesced by nodding. We started to walk out of the restaurant while everyone was now murmuring slightly. I could hear the sound of Alex's shoes right behind us.

This guy wouldn't take a hint if it came up and bit him in the ass.

As soon as we reached the valet, Tim was pulled away from my arm. I staggered back in the driveway just to hear the thud in time. I panicked and looked up to see that Alex had pushed Tim against a car.