Chapter 22 || Tree Bark

Start from the beginning

"You deserve an Oscar for that you little drama queen." She presses her hand into my upper back and playfully pushes me towards the bathroom, making me laugh as I break my character.

Once we are washed up she heads off to do some boxing while I head to meet up with Tony who takes me to a room that's been locked off for days.

"You've been training well, I'll give it to you. But after what Vision told me happened last night, I feel like it's time to give you something to lift your spirits."

I frown in confusion at the shorter man, "Define 'something?'"

Tony chuckles, and turns the door handle, opening it for me to walk in. Slowly I do and Tony follows behind as my jaw drops in awe of the giant, clearly new, training room. It has bars all along the ceiling, scattered differently, some giant rectangular columns go up to different heights.

"Consider this a level up. I want you to be able to reach your full potential so here you are. Some toys for you to swing on, different leveled platforms. I tried to do a mockup of city buildings, I know how much you love running atop those things. And FRIDAY offers a system to generate enemy bots for you to train again at varying levels to choose from or you can drag one of us in here for more practice."

I gawk at everything, looking around at the walls that display a cityscape, making me laugh gleefully, "Tony this is amazing. I don't know what to say."

"A thank you is a start," He smirks proudly as he looks around.

"Thank you. Seriously, thank you."

I go to hug him but he raises his hand and extends it between us, wagging his finger, "No no. None of that here. Suit up, we have training to do."

He clicks a button on his phone and a metal suitcase comes flying towards him, opening up to envelop him in the Iron Man suit, making me smirk and shake my head, pulling my shirt off and joggers to reveal my suit, then taking the mask out of my joggers' pocket.

I kick off my sneakers and go to put my clothes somewhere but a drawer comes out of the wall and FRIDAY says, "You may store your belongings in here until training is completed."

"Oh. Thanks FRIDAY," I chuckle and put them inside the drawer, watching as it retreats back into the wall.

I scoff in amazement at the technology in this room and Tony walks over to a monitor, typing something in. Before I can ask what it is, the sounds of classic rock comes out from what seems like everywhere.

"Surround sound! Cool right? Now let's get to fighting, show me what you got, Spider."

Smirking at the iron suited billionaire, I prepare for his first attack

Smirking at the iron suited billionaire, I prepare for his first attack. When I see him raise his repulsor, I dodge the blast and shoot a web at him, grabbing his arm and flinging him across the room.

He stops himself with the jets on and torpedoes himself back at me but I backflip and shoot a web up, grabbing onto a bar and swinging until I land on a platform across the room.