Chapter 22 || Tree Bark

Start from the beginning

"You're stunning, dorogoy" (darling) She mumbles, making my heart do flips in my chest

"What does that mean?" I whisper and she smiles again, pecking my nose with her lips.

"I said 'You're stunning, darling.'"

The morning raspiness to her voice adds more to the way she speaks, especially when she spoke Russian. I didn't even know her voice could get raspier but my god it is the most attractive thing ever.

I blush deeply, and I get more nervous when I know for a fact that she can see it due to her eyes flicking over to my cheeks, a smirk growing on her face.

"You're cute," She giggles and turns back around, pulling a sports bra on and a quarter zip, then stripping her bottom to slip on leggings...with no underwear.

I close my eyes, groaning in frustration as I slam my head down onto the mattress.

"You alright over there?" Natasha jokes and I sit up, taking her workout outfit in, "I thought it was your day off?"

"Well you already woke me up, figured I could get a good workout in while you train with Tony."

I smile up at her from the edge of the bed and feel the words bubbling up. I try to swallow them, push them down, what if she reacts the same way as last time? No. No we had a good talk, right? Everything is fine.

"Jayce. What's wrong?" Natasha asks worriedly, cupping my cheek in her hand, tilting her head curiously.

Knocking out of my fearful thoughts, her eyes pull me back in, allowing me to get absolutely lost in them.

"Nothing...just...you're beautiful, Natasha."

Her cheeks go red and for a moment I prepare for her to leave again but she smiles, eyes filling up with tears before she leans down and kisses me. It's a different kiss than the one from before.

This one is much deeper, much more emotionally attached. It has a meaning in it, one that is being absorbed by my heart. I can feel her emotions, feel her appreciation and hope.

When she pulls away she leans her forehead against mine, "Thank you," She whispers and I have to take a second to catch my breath before nodding shortly.

"Yeah. I-uh I mean no, don't. You don't have to thank me for calling you beautiful," I chuckle nervously, scratching the back of my head as she pulls away and smiles cutely down at me, shrugging as she scratches her left arm.

"Okay. But still. You're really sweet," She kisses my forehead and clears her throat, "Now we should brush our teeth, both of our breath stinks."

I cup my hand in front of my mouth, blow, and sniff, then scrunch my nose up in distaste. I dramatically gag, making Natasha laugh while I quickly stand and walk to the door, "I'm gonna puke. You're right."