Chapter 24 - School Festival! 2

Brat's POV

  "What?"

   Both Brute and I looked at Buster like he suddenly grew three-heads. My mouth opened and closed like I was a fish out of water. I don't know what to say. I gripped his collar and brought his face closer to mine—our foreheads touching.

   "What did you say Buster?" I wanted to hear what he said again. I want to make sure that my ears were hearing right. Buster rolled his eyes and roughly removed my hold on his collar.

   "What? Are you deaf now?" He retorts with a smug smirk. My right eye twitched and I instantly summoned my black wand and pointed the sharp end at his chin—so fast that you'll get your eyeballs poked out before you can even say Uncle Flapjacks. Buster raised his hands defensively while I caught Bronze darting his eyes between his brother and I with a dumbfounded expression.

   Brute only shrugged and went back to looking for Berserk and Brice, leaving the questioning to me. "Don't answer my question with a question. Now repeat what you said!" I roared angrily.

   "Yo, dude, just do what the lady wants." Bronze hollers to his brother as he nods. Buster frowns but did what he was told like an obedient little child.

   "I said that we don't want to get involved with Berserk's 'plan'." He says as he air-quoted the word plan. "Meaning, we don't want anything to do with it even if it involves killing those Ruffs."

   A large exhale of breath went past my lips as I took a few steps back and made my wand vanish in thin air. I'm utterly and seriously confused as shit right now. Like...why? As I remember correctly, these brothers hate those three brothers. If they got the chance to kill the Ruffs, they'll take it without a doubt.

   So why when the chance to get revenge on the Ruffs are here...why is it that Buster and Bronze don't want to get involved with the deed? But if you think about it, my sisters and I broke up with Brice and his brothers almost five years ago.

   Five years.

   If they wanted to get revenge they should've killed the Ruffs long ago. I looked at Buster who was next to his brother, leaning on the railings as he watched people down below with a blank expression. I took a sharp intake of breath when our gazes met.

   I frowned. Why didn't they do anything? Is it because they think it's just a waste of their time? Is this just a game to Brice right now? I groaned and massaged my aching temples. Too many questions give me a headache. Damn it.

   I was the first to break eye contact. I can feel his gaze follow me as I went to the opposite side of where they were and began scanning the crowd. God. This school is massive. So its official, Berserk's plan is to find Momoko and separate her from Brick as much as possible. Brice will take care of Momoko while Berserk will convince Brick into breaking up with Momoko with a threat.

   Yep. That's her so-genius plan. Even I get tired of all this stupid plans that will always end up failing.

   "There they are! They've just exited the auditorium and are at the east side hallway! Berserk and Brice are in the same hallway but they haven't seen them yet." Brute suddenly announced, making everyone flinch at her sudden outburst. She turns to Bronze who suddenly stilled.

   "You're in our side, right?" She asked with a brow raised and Bronze nodded. Brute's lips quirked up into a smirk. "You better. Hurry your ass's people!" She ran towards the exit door only to be stopped by Busters voice.

   "Why not we just jump down? That'll make things quick and easier." He asked in a duh tone as he points down with his thumb. "Unless you're scared to jump from three stories high?" He mocked.