Chapter 22 - Approval

Momoko’s POV

   *doorbell rings*

   “Oh my god! He’s here! Honey, quick! Answer the door! I want to show him your baby pictures!”

   I rolled my eyes at my mother’s obvious excitement. I gasped, “Mom! Don’t you dare!” I don’t want Brick to see my baby pictures! When I was a toddler, mom sneakily took a picture of me when I was butt-naked. I scanned the room in search for Kuriko. I saw her calmly sitting on the couch while watching TV.

   “Kuriko! Hide the albums!” I ordered as I approached the front door. She snorts, “No. I’m going to be grounded.”

   I raised my eyebrow. “And how are you going to be grounded?”

   “Answer the door or I’ll do it myself!” Mom says sternly and I grumbled. I reached for the doorknob. Okay, this is it. I hope everything goes well. I swing the door open and there stood my wonderful boyfriend wearing a dark red dress shirt that was folded up to his elbows. The two top buttons were left undone. He was wearing tight black jeans with black shoes. And to top it all off, he didn’t wear his cap so his shoulder length hair was lightly swaying with the wind.

   Can I just say how gorgeous he looked right now?

   I stood there staring at him—speechless at his sudden formal attire despite me saying that he should just keep it simple, no need to wear something so formal. He’s not wearing very formal clothes though—like suit and tie or a tux. It was just semi-formal but still…he looked so…stunning.

   He’s definitely dressed to impress.

   He smirked as he caught me gawking at him. He hands me the bouquet of red and white roses I did not even notice he had with him. I blushed as I took them into my arms and lamely mumbled a soft ‘thank you.’

   “Hey there-”

   I squeaked when Mom suddenly shoved me to the side as she approached Brick with a huge grin. I almost lost my balance for it weren’t for Brick wrapping his arm around my waist. This made my mother squeal. I groaned and rolled my eyes at her.

   “So you’re the boyfriend,” my Mom says as she hugs Brick for a moment and then looked at him from head-to-toe in arm’s length. She hummed in approval. Brick chuckled nervously under her stare. “I already like you.” She smiled warmly. “Do come in, handsome man. Make yourself at home.”

   Brick smiles at her. “Thank you for having me…”

   “Please call me ‘Mom’.” My mother smiles and my eyes widened. “Mom!”

   “No, not you honey. I was talking to Brick.”

   I gasped, “I know!” Mom rolled her eyes. “Shush, dear. Honey, come here and greet our guest!” She calls for Dad. I groaned. Dad walks into the living room with a stern expression on his face and I can already feel Brick’s nervousness. My heart hammered in my chest and I feel the sweat in my palms.

   Sure, Mom approves of Brick but how about Dad? What is he going to say?

   “U-uh…Dad!” I squeak as I stepped right next to Brick. “This is my boyfriend Brick Jojo. Brick,” I said as I gestured to Dad, “This is Dad. Dad, this is Brick.” I said as I awkwardly introduced the two. Dad nods and extends his hand out. Brick took it and they shook hands.

   “Very pleased to finally be able meet you sir.” Brick says humbly and a smile forms into Dad’s lip as he slung his arm around Brick’s shoulders. “What a handsome young man. Why don’t we have a little chat to get to know each other, hm?” He says as he drags Brick to the backyard.