Chapter 3

Since I was a kid, I've always wondered how my parents sustained the spark in their marriage.

Whenever I look at the two of them, the thought of finding your true love would always come across my mind. Maybe I was too young to think that way; but maybe it's also because of those shows for kids that made me feel so giddy about having a romantic love or at least, first love.

After putting down my journal's pen, I reread what I wrote and creased my forehead when I realized how carried away I got from the fact that my first love's coming here in our house in about... 45 minutes? SHIT! I've only got half an hour to fix myself.

I hurriedly went to my bathroom and looked at my own reflection, completely disregarding the changes in the bedroom that held so many childhood memories.

Eye bags.

Flushed cheeks.

A girl biting her lip... unconsciously

I widened my eyes and...

I screamed. I am fucked up in so many shades.

"I better fix myself for self-satisfaction. Yes, self-satisfaction. Self-satisfaction." I chanted. (You mean, vanity)

Ugh. Whatever

--------------------------------------

Turtle neck? No.

Spaghetti strap? No.

Tank top? No.

Lace top? Fine.

Cardigan? Yes.

Jogger pants? Ugh.

Jeggings? Okay fine.

Sunday dress? Fine.

A-line skirt? Can be.

After my inner conflict, I finally decided to go with the black jeggings and white lace top topped with the gray cardigan. As for my soles, I chose to wear the white ballet flats.

I looked at myself in the mirror and put on a foundation. I grimaced at the brunette girl with almond-shaped eyes.

Ugh. Isn't this too much? Whatever. I'm wearing these. I'll do just fine

I stood up and headed for the door.

-----------------------------------------

The smell of roasted turkey quickly filled my sensation when I reached the first floor. I closed my eyes, embracing the smell of foods that will be served for dinner.

However, my admiration was taken away by the laughter that filled the hall. And it was my brother's (age of 15) ugly chuckle.

I searched for Nike only to find him comfortably sitting on the carpeted floor while busily playing a certain Xbox game in the living room.

I sat close to him and pinched his rosy cheeks, "Mind if I join you?"

He glared at me for about a minute (I calculated that, no further questions please) but eventually nodded. I smiled triumphantly and reached for the controller.

We were in the middle of playing (with a lot of banters of course) when we heard the doorbell rang.

Nike and I looked at each other momentarily when I told him to go answer the door. To my actual surprise, he obliged and I continued the game (I want to win okay?)

"Shit" The zombies are coming close! Shit. Shit.

I was on the verge of losing hope when someone reached the controller. I am not really capable of seeing who that person is since he sits about a meter behind my back. It must be Nike. I thought. Who else would play with me? My grandfather? Come on.

"Nice baby Nikey, you're one heck of a savio-"

What the actual heck? Who is this undeniably handsome and well-built guy in front of my shocked face? Who I thought was Nike all along...

Being the blunt and suspicious girl I ever am, I asked... "I don't mean to be rude... but, who are you?"

He laughed. I mean seriously, he didn't freaking giggled or something; he actually laughed his heart out! And I just watched him laugh, revealing those perfect set of white teeth. Freaking- how did he even manage to get that set of teeth?!

"You sure, you can't remember this face?" He smiled and the nerve of this guy! He even posed and made some angles.

I shook my head, still in a daze.

Facetiously, he tsked and sighed, "I'm your one and only Cass."

Cass?

Cass...

Cass!

SHIT! THIS IS THE CASSIOPEIA ALDRIGE?

Upon seeing my reaction, his smile and his eyes lit up, "So, you can remember me now." And dude, it was a statement, not a freaking question!

Just in time, my grandmother entered the 'breathtaking' scene.

"Uh-huh, I get that you too are catching up. But we can always have dinner first so we can leave you two alone."

I don't know if it was only me but the last four words she said were stressed and emphasized.

And soon enough, it was followed by her tiny giggles that clearly said how much giddy she felt upon seeing us together... again.

So much for being a shipper

</>