⚠️ [51] - order

a/n: welcome back~ i hope i'm not too late! Thank you for being patient with my inconsistent ass 🥺

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

🚫 THIS CHAPTER COINTAINS TRIGGERING CONTENTS 🚫

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Ae-Ri, we need to get out of here!"

Jungkook shouted as he held out his hand towards her. His eyes stayed alert to the surrounding outside as if he was chased.

The lady in question was still in the process of resurfacing to reality, so she wasn't aware of the urgency in his voice nor his expression.

She detangled her legs out from the comfort of the warm sheets as she spoke, "What are you--"

She didn't notice the dire situation, at least not until she heard the booming sound of gunshots. Awfully close to be coming from the shooting range.

Ae-Ri's flight-or-flight senses kicked in harder than an impact of a falling building. She wasted no time to ran towards Jungkook and hooked her hand in his.

"W-what's going on?!" She panicked when the shooting sounds continued to rumble throughout the mansion.

Jungkook didn't have much time to break the news to her, especially when they were in a rushing escape.

"Pick up the pace, Ae-Ri! Talk later. I need to keep you safe--" swiftly upon the sighting of the intruders, he pulled her close to his chest, becoming her sheild.

It took him exactly two bullets to finish both of the threats, shooting them right on their forehead. Ae-Ri flinched to the ringing aftermath in her ears as Jungkook fired his gun.

Yes.

Jungkook needs to keep her safe.

He has to.

Because that was his mission left by Yoongi before he left the mansion.

"Keep her safe while I'm gone."

"Whatever she said goes. Got it?"

Almost throwing Ae-Ri into the car, Jungkook quickly rushed to the driver's seat. Of course he didn't have the keys for every single car that they own, especially when he wasn't prepared for the ambush.

Jungkook dived down to under the steering, hoping his hijacking skills will not fail him this time.

"Uhhhh... Jungkook..." Ae-Ri's callings were ignored as he continued to focus on the current task.

When the engine finally started, that's when he finally paid attention to Ae-Ri who was pointing straight ahead, "Fuck! Get down!" Jungkook pulled her down into a bend, just in time as the bullets pierced through the front glass.

Everything was loud.

The thundering sounds of the gunfires.

The thumping thuds of Ae-Ri's heartbeat.

Even the whirring noises from the car engine was loud.