Happy birthday, bro

Summary: On jaehyuns birthday, taeyong is the first to wish & give him a gift before the clock strikes 12am.

Basically taeyong going across the dorm to jaehyuns room & gives him a gift, but leads to him giving the birthday boy an extra present.

Word count: 1.9k

Mature content!!
Canon compliant
__________________________

Taeyong was busy watching the clock on his phone while chatting away to his fans on bubble. He notices there were nine minutes left before it would be midnight and signify, Jaehyuns birthday was finally here.

He made a promise, more-or-less to himself, to be the first to wish his beloved boyfriend happy birthday this year. With only minutes to spare, he grabs the gift he pre-wrapped and makes way across the dorm to Jaehyuns bedroom.

With light rapping on the wooden door, he calls out to the younger to alert him that it was him outside. "Jaehyunie, are you still awake? It's me." Shortly after, he hears the creaking of the bed spring and the padding of footsteps approaching the door before it was swung open.

And before Jaehyun could speak, Taeyong thrusts the gift towards him. "Happy birthday Jaehyunie!" He exclaims.

Taking the gift almost immediately, the birthday boy beamed brightly, dimples on full display. “Thank you hyung.” He states in a soft tone. Jaehyun steps aside, allowing room for the older to pass. “Come in.”

Taeyong moves past him to enter the room, subconsciously going towards the bed to sit down. The younger closes the door then makes his way over to the bed to sit next to the other. “Open it,” he demands, hardly able to confine his excitement.  The younger smiles at him. “Okay.”

Jaehyun stares at the intricate design of the wrapping, a bronze and golden lidded box, with red ribbon tied snuggly around it already giving away the familiar brand – Cire Trudon, written in metallic lettering along the expanse  of the ribbon. As he pulls the ribbons loose, then opens the lid of the box, he sees a candle, similar to one he already owns. He lifts the object beneath his nose to take in a waft of the fragrance. The striking citric scent, combined with a calming undertone of a floral aroma makes his eyebrows perk up in interest.

Taeyong nervously gazes at the younger as he continues to scrutinize the gift. He was certain he bought something fitting to Jaehyuns style. He knew for a fact, how much a creature of nature his boyfriend could be. As such, he bought a fragrance the younger had never bought before, Verbena and Rose. “Do you like it?” he questions sheepishly.

The younger glances up to his hyung with a smile. “of course, I love anything you give me.” He places the box on the floor, before getting up and taking the candle over to his dresser where his matchsticks were. He then puts the candle atop the dresser while he lit one of the matches and extinguishes it once the candle was aflame.

Afterwards, he ambles over to the bed and faces the older. “Thank you again hyung, it’s great” he moves to hug the older, who without thought embraces him. Jaehyun pulls back to stare lovingly into his lovers eyes, overwhelmed at how lucky he could be to spend his birthday and valentine’s day with the person he loves. He leans in to place a chaste kiss on the older’s lips, who fervently reciprocates the action.

Soon enough, the birthday calls came ringing in, when Jaehyuns phone chimes loudly from the headboard shelf. He withdraws reluctantly from the older to look at the screen. He sees a call coming in from the group’s maknae, Jisung. He gives a cautious gaze to Taeyong, putting a pointer finger to his lips before answering the call.