seventeen

◇ TRELL ◇

Kentrell watched Nardo's location on his phone, figuring the younger had forgotten he'd shared it with him.

He didn't consider this keeping tabs more like he was checking up on Horace, watching his back.

He could get kidnapped.

Or lost in the woods.

Anything could happen and if it did, Kentrell was keeping an eye out for him.

"Trell, what are you doin'?" His roommate, Key asked him for what seemed like the thousandth time.

"Mindin' my fuckin' business."

"Watch the attitude, bitch. " Key walked behind him leaning over the couch to catch his screen.

"Get back, bruh."

"You bein' a creep,"He squinted his eyes at the contact picture, "Ain't he nigga who just broke up with you?"

"We ain't break up!"Kentrell snapped back,"We on a fuckin' break it's a difference."

"It's gon' lead to a break up." Key said shrugging his shoulders.

"Why the fuck would you say that?"

"I'm just sayin'-" Key held his hands up in defense, Kentrell standing tall, eyes zeroing in on his roommate.

"Get yo shit and get the fuck out."

"What?"

"Get yo shit and get out," He grabbed his car keys, "When I come back you betta not still be here or it's gon' be a problem." He didn't even wait for a response, storming out and letting the door slam behind him.

Kentrell needed to clear his head, it was starting to become over run with thoughts he kept trying to bury.

He need Horace, fuck did he need Horace.

His phone started to buzz in his pocket, Kentrell rolling his eyes at the caller ID.

He saw the missed calls from Tyquian and them, purposefully ignoring each one.

Kentrell knew eventually he was going to have to tell Horace the truth but he wanted to have him a  little while longer. He held slight resentment for his friends for his predicament, even if deep down he knew it was his fault.

The phone buzzed again and he exhaled loudly, picking it up.

"What, bruh!?"

"Who the fuck you think you talkin' too?" He heard Joe speak, his eyelids closing in frustration. The one person he didn't want to talk too.

"Why you callin' me?"

"I need you to get your nigga."

"What?"

"He called me and cussed me the fuck out,"Joe went on,"I think he was drunk but regardless he'on need to do all that tough talk if he's not gon' stand on it."

Kentrell had seen them both fight and honestly he hoped Horace was too drunk to do what he said, because if not Joe would be in trouble.

"It ain't about him standin' on it, its about y'all fightin' over sum stupid."

"You do realize you the sum stupid right?" He said Kentrell rolling his eyes.

"Shut the fuck up."

"No cause you bein' rude to me when it's your fuckin' fault y'all havin' problems."

"You the one that want me back so fuckin' bae!" Kentrell barked Joe started to yelling back just as mad. Eventually Joe was tuned out, Kentrell's mouth going into a straight line.