Chapter 8: The Beginning After The End

Start from the beginning

"Ha, as if I'll ever be something like that," scoffed Alvaro, his mood getting slightly worse.

"Oh my! Why could that be?"

Alvaro rapidly found out that this particular spirit loved being sarcastic. He didn't know whether he liked it or not.

"I barely know about the country's situation. I would rather be a mercenary than being tied down to one country."

"That's my opinion on my matter for now. It could change depending on the circumstances," Alvaro explained.

Not to mention I'm not particularly fond of knighthood or chivalry. It's obvious, but there isn't any of that sort back in my world though when I heard of it, I didn't like it for some reason. Maybe I'm just bitter about something.

"Ok ok, let's cut the chat short as I want to form a contract."

He noticed that the spirit was awfully in a hurry. Since the spirit movements also signified forms of eagerness, Alvaro let go of the thought.

After forming the contract, Alvaro waited for the last spirit to appear. Alvaro didn't know if it was due to his lack of sleep, but his body felt worse every time he finished making a contract with a spirit. The first time he brushed it off as being tired, but with it getting worse he couldn't ignore it.

I only read books about the country and a bit of magic. It might be that this is related to spirit arts?

Unfortunately, he didn't have many options, so he opted to dissmiss the problems as he would only form a contract with one more spirit. Nothing can go wrong. Right?

"Ah, there you are," commented Alvaro, seeing the Yang spirit happily circling around him.

Even though it's been only a week before I met this particular spirit, I greatly appreciate its company.

"There really isn't much to talk about regarding the situation as you've been here since the beginning," said Alvaro.

"That's right, the only thing left to do is form the contract."

There really wasn't much to say after that. However, after the formation of the contract Alvaro collapsed on the rock-hard ground. The fatigue had finally caught up to him, or that's what he believed at first.

Not again....

Regrettably for him, he wasn't given the chance to check as his consciousness slowly drifted farther away until he lost it, falling asleep with a pained expression.

At least I'll be able to sleep.

Opening his eyes, his view was filled with the ground. A dark shade of grey was all he saw. He stood up, feeling better than before. Then he began stretching, yawning between stretches. His contracted spirits materialized from nowhere, surprising him a little. Although he had seen it a couple of times, he still couldn't get used to it.

Such a beautiful sight if I say so myself.

"Good evening," greeted the fire spirit.

"Damn, it's already evening?" Alvaro muttered, sort of disappointed in himself.

There goes my plans for the morning.

"Yes, since you were sleeping peacefully we didn't want to disturb you," said the yang spirit.

"Kind of strange that someone like you could sleep that peacefully," added the yin spirit.

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you watched me sleep. More importantly, I'll give you names to all of you," explained Alvaro.