Chapter 39: Elephant's trunk

Start from the beginning

I crouch and slowly remove the blanket covering her face.
I sigh when her dishevelled appearance welcomes me.
I'd have to brush her hair before I go but nonetheless she's beautiful.

"Precious. Wake up."

I kiss her whole face until she giggles and repeatedly chants that she's awake.

Her baby blues are staring at me in delight.
"I love you!" Sunshine blurts out sweetly.

My heart skips a beat. I have an urge to clutch my chest to see if my heart was still beating. I think my heart gave out because of precious sweetness.

I run my fingers through precious unruly hair and replied. "I love you too precious."

Precious suddenly got embarassed and cover her face with the blanket again.

I shake my head and grin.
She's too cute for words.

I lower down the blanket again to reveal her blushing face.

"I prepare some food for you." I said.

Sunshine's eyes brighten.

I stood up and walk to my side of the bed.

Sunshine sat up and I place the tray in front of her.

"Wow. You prepare all of this for me?" She ask in amazement.

"Of course precious. Only for you."

Sunshine prayed first before she excitedly picks up the cutleries.

She taste the scrambleg egg first.
"This taste amazing!" Sunshine exclaimed.

I snorts. "It's just a scrambled egg precious. Anyone can cook that."

Sunshine shakes her head. "No Grey Grey. Yes they can cook this but you're the one cook this for me not them."

If I know Sunshine exist I should have just look for her immediately and not waste my time studying and working.

I wasted a lot of time.

Sunshine sang praises the whole meal. My pride was in another level after Sunshine finished eating everything. You can't even see any crumbs left.

After she ate, Sunshine skips to the bathroom and freshen up while I arrange all the dishes back to the cart.

I check my watch and saw that I still have 30 minutes left before I am due to the office.
I open the group chat Gabriel created for my siblings and I . Jamison and Gabriel was sending multiple gifs of people sleeping at the classroom due to boredom.

I message and reminded them that daddy will literally ban them from the library, pantry and the pool if they don't behave for at least a month.

My father's smart. He knows that banning gadgets was nothing because we are not interested in those. He knows that the most impactful way to teach his kids a lesson was to forbid us of two things: food and books.

I personally did not get punished while I was younger because I have more important things to do like sleeping.

I'd rather sleep than to create havoc to James Rosen-Hower's life. Gabriel and Jamison are enough. They are doing a good job.

More power for them.

Sunshine skips out of the bathroom freshly showered. She skips to my side and grab my arm. She pretends to pull me out of the bed and grunts as If I weigh a ton.

I roll my eyes at her cute antics and stand up.

"Come on Grey Grey. Fix my hair so you can go to work early."