"I literally asked that first but go off I guess." The younger said, taking another drag out of the cigarette. Letting the smoke out of his lips, he began, "Well they were asking for it. Trying to drug a fucking teenager! Just triggered me enough to throw hands and well.. run I guess.. but at least they left that poor boy alone huh?"

"Damn, your hero origin story" the older chuckled. "Expected nothing better from them anyway.. just some scumbags who deserve to be behind bars" he said, his voice would sound almost emotionless if a little bit of hurt wasn't mixed in there.

"Speaking of which.. why did they chase you too while chasing me? You were literally just standing there and woosh! They're after you too" he asked, tilting his head, confusion written all over his face. "Tsk tsk, you really think I'm gonna tell my life story to a stranger?" Yibo had a sly smirk on her face as he cocked his eyebrow.

The younger couldn't help but let out an audible laugh. "Fair fair. I won't ask more" "Actually.. you're really good at running and dodging, you've done this before haven't you" Yibo asked, letting out the last of his smoke before discarding the cigarette somewhere between the many stones.

"And why would I tell you that?" He mocked Yibo's sentence. "Oh my god.." the older said under his breath, rolling his eyes, making the younger chuckle. "Yes. Yes I have. That's actually kind of a hobby since like two years." He replied after a moment of silence, getting rid of his blunt as well now.

"Well I guess you and I have something in common" the older smiled a bit, before continuing. "You look like something was triggered in you cuz of a personal thing.. you wanna get back at them but.. professionally?" Yibo smirked at the word 'professionally' as Ji Li only furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Get up lad, you're gonna meet someone with me" Yibo said, getting up, brushing off the dust from his pants, lending a hand to the man still sitting confused on the ground, look up at him.

Honestly, Ji Li wanted to ask himself why he wasn't just running away from Yibo by now, why there was just something in him that had so much trust in the man standing in front of him, even after knowing him for just some minutes. He just wanted to get up and leave, but the next moment, he was already reaching out for Yibo's hand to get up, as if his body was acting on its own, without his control on it.

"I don't even know myself why I'm putting this much trust in you, a total stranger, to take me somewhere.. but I guess we're going there together now." And with that, they both started jogging to the place Yibo had in mind.

After a good 20 minute walk, they finally reached an apartment complex, and walked to Yibo's apartment in no time, since it was one of the firsts in sight. Getting his key card out, he unlocked the door and welcomed the younger inside.

The indoor decor wasn't that bad, just plain in general. But then again, 'he may be a student like me, not having time to decorate the place' he thought. "I know it's not much but I don't live here, just a working place, so you know.. what's the point of decorating and shit" Yibo said as he went to get a glass of water for the younger.

"Hm? Working place? Where do you live then?" Ji Li asked curiously, taking a seat on a chair near the kitchen counter, where Yibo was right now. Handing him the glass of water, he sat down beside the younger. "Well I live at my university dormitory, so this place I bought along with a friend and co-worker of mine."

"Aah.. is that friend the person that I'm meeting today?" Ji Li asked as he finished his water. "You're a sharp one huh? But yes. And there's also a possibility you'll like what we do, too." Ji Li didn't know why, but the way Yibo was saying everything and that stunt they did togther when running away from those people, he wanted to get to know the older better.