"what's this?" Dad asks. 

"what's it look like? Some jerk lost a bet with eon Contraxia." rocket says. 

"he gave you his eye?" dad asks. 

"no, he gave me 100 credits. I snuck into his room later that night and stole his eye." Rocket says. 

"thank you, sweet rabbit." Dad says. 

"hmm." rocket says and dad takes off his patch I then close my eyes and look away when I open them it's dark. 

"they were here." rocket says. 

"I don't think the eye works. Everything seems dark." Dad says standing up. 

"It ain't the eye." rocket says. 

It is really dark but somehow still light. 

Weird maybe it's a power. 

"Somethings wrong." dad says looking out.

"The stars gone out." dad says. 

"And the rings are frozen." dad says. 

Rocket lands the ship and we get out. "I hope these dwarves are better at forging than they are cleaning." rocket says. 

I light my hand so I can see. Dad looks at me. 

"Maybe they realized that they live in a junk pile in the middle of space." rocket says. 

"This forge hasn't gone dark in centuries." dad says. 

If it hasn't gone dark in a long time, why is it dark now?

"You said Thanos had a gauntlet, right?" Rocket asks. 

"Yes, why?" dad asks. 

"Look anything like that?" Rocket asks. 

"I am Groot." Groot says. 

"Go back to the pod." dad says. 

Before anyone can go dad is kicked into some stuff and i turn invisible and so does my fire.

so weird. 

the giant thing kicks rocket and Groot and walks towards dad. 

"Eitri, Wait!" Dad shouts. 

"Stop." Dad says and he stops. 

"Thor?" he asks and dad nods. 

I turn visible again. 

"What happened here?" dad asks. 

"You were supposed to protect us." he says. 

"Asgard was supposed to protect us." he yells and I flinch. 

"Asgard is destroyed." Dad says standing up straight. 

"Eitri, the glove. What did you do?" dad asks. 

And the thing walks away and sits down. 

"300 dwarves lived on this ring. I thought if I did what he asked, they'd be safe." the guy explains. 

"I made what he wanted. A device capable of harnessing the powers of the stones. And a device to dampen the goddess of life's power." What does that mean for mom? 

"Then he killed everyone anyway. All except me. Your life is yours, he said. But your hands are mine alone." So he took the guy's hands? 

"Eitri, this isn't about your hands." dad says. 

"Every weapon you've ever designed, and every ax, hammer, sword it's all inside your head." dad says giving yet another speech. 

"Now, i know it feels like all hope is lost. Trust me, i know. But together, you and i, we can kill Thanos." dad says ending his speech. I close my eyes to calm down but when i open them i'm in a different place entirely.