Part 15

A while later we are still flying ugh this is so boring I tried to go somewhere else but it didnt work."

I am Groot." Groot says. 

it's still crazy I can understand him. 

"Tinkle in the cup. Were not looking. whats there to see? Whats a twig? Everybody's seen a twig before." rocket says. 

"i am Groot." Groot says. 

"tree, pour whats in the cup out into space and then go in the cup again." dad says and rocket turns. 

"you speak Groot?"  rocket asks. 

"yes they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective." dad says. 

"i am Groot." Groot says. 

"you'll know when were close. Nidavellirs forge harnesses the blazing power of a neutron star. It's the birthplace of my hammer. Its truly awesome." dad says getting gloomy. 

"okay time to be the captain." rocket says getting out of his seat walking to dad. 

"so dead brother, huh?" 

my eyes widen that's so rude. 

"yeah that could be annoying." rocket says. 

"well, hes been dead before. But, no, this time i think it really might be true." dad says. 

"And you said your sister and your dad?" rocket says. 

"both dead." dad answers. 

"but still got a mom, though?" rocket asks. 

"killed by a dark elf." 

that's depressing. 

are me and mom his only family that's alive? 

Dang that's sad. 

"a best friend?" rocket asks. 

"stabbed through the heart." dad says. 

"hey you still have your daughter and your wife is probably fine." rocket says. 

"I guess." dad says. 

"you sure your up to this particular murder mission?" rocket asks. 

"absolutely. Rage and vengeance, anger, loss, regret there all tremendous motivators. They clear the mind. So I'm good to go." Dad says. 

"yeah, but this is Thanos we're talking about he's the toughest there is." Rocket says. 

"Well, he's never fought me." dad says. 

"yeah, he has." Rocket says. 

"he's never fought me twice. And I'm getting a new hammer, don't forget." Dad says. 

"it better be some hammer." the rocket says and it quits for a moment. 

"you know, I'm 1,500 years old. I've killed twice as many enemies like that. And every one of them would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is just the latest in a long line of bastards and he'll be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so." dad says. 

"mmm-hmm. And what if you're wrong?" rocket asks and I look at them. 

"if I'm wrong, then what more could I lose?" dad says and I look away. 

"your wife and daughter." Rocket says and dad walks away. 

"I could lose a lot me, I could lose a lot. Okay. well if fate does want you to kill that crap sack you're gonna need more than one stupid eyeball." rocket says handing dad an eyeball.