Atla au

Time for some of Kayda and Alpheus' adventures

After a they left the fire nation Kayda and Alpheus didn't quite know what to do. They decided to go to a small earth kingdom town to gather some basic supplies. They picked up some rope and a sail repair kit as well as some food, when Kayda was walking through a small flee market when she spotted a tea pot and some small boxes of tea. She remembered drinking tea with her grandfather out of tea set similar to this one. She didn't have much money left but she just couldn't leave it.

When she got back to the ship Alpheus was already their fixing their sail.

"Did you really buy a tea set?"

"Yes I did, would you like a cup?"

"... what types do you have?"

"Ginger, Ginseng, Green, Jasmine and Lychee."

"I'll take Ginseng."

Kayda nodded and started using her fire to brew some tea.

"Hey, cut that out!"

"What why?"

"Why?! Are you kidding me if the army sees you bending who knows what they'll do to you!"

"Calm down no ones gonna see."

Alpheus rolled his eyes and put the repair kit away.

"At least go below deck."

"Fiiiine!"

Kayda stood up and made her way below deck. She cane back a few minutes later with two cups of tea. They were already out at sea and she couldn't see the land anymore.

"Tea's ready!"

"Thanks."

Kayda handed him a cup and sat down beside him. She took a sip of tea then she a quack.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"I thought I heard a turtle duck."

"...."

"You didn't."

"I umm, I did but-"

"Alpheus did you kidnap a turtle duck?"

"They kidnapped me!"

Alpheus pulled a turtle duck out of his coat.

"..... we need to put them back."

"No!"

"Alpheus."

"Their name is Fluffy and I love them!"

"Fluffy?"

Alpheus huffed and took a sip of his tea.

".... is Fluffy the reason the bath is completely filled with water?"

"...... yea..."

"Quack!"

Fluffy attempted to drink from Alpheus' tea cup multiple times Alpheus had no idea if she was aloud to or not so he decided to keep it away from them.

A few months later they were exploring the air temples looking for tea recipe. Well Kayda was looking for tea recipes Alpheus was just looking around. He was about to head back to the ship and wait for Kayda when he heard something. It sounded like an injured animal. Alpheus has never left and animal hurt or alone.

When he found the source he was surprised to find a baby air bison, he had thought they'd gone extinct. 

"Heyy buddy, what's wrong?"

The bison looked up at him for a few seconds before trying to walk towards him. The bison wouldn't put any weight on their front right foot, Alpheus was worried it might be broken.

By the time he'd made a splint for the baby and gotten them down to the ship it was long past dark. Kayda was already asleep on one of the hammocks, they had beds as he constantly reminded her but she continued to sleep there anyway. Somehow he managed to sneak the bison inside without waking her, they were just small enough to fit through the door.

"What am I going to do with you?"

The bison licked Alpheus' face then curled up and went to sleep. Alpheus knew Kayda would be fairly mad the next morning but that was future Alpheus' problem, current Alpheus' problem was getting some sleep.

Thanks for reading please leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments and feel free to use any of my ideas or oc's in your own works!