Remi's Backstory Pt.2

***

We watched a couple of romantic comedies before Jax tells us it was time to go.

"You ready for the 2nd part of today?"

"Of course I am!"

He reaches over and turns off the projector. He gets up and helps me out of the tent. We walk over to the door and in the process, he turns off the lights. He locks the door behind us and goes towards the car.

"Your chariot awaits m'lady," he tells me.

"I'm done with you," I say as I laugh.

I get in the car and he gets in too. He backs up slowly and drives away from the house. The drives consist of us listening to music and small talk. He tells me which songs he likes and dislikes out of the ones that I play for him.

"This one is nice, what is it called?"

"Um, it's Corduroy Dreams by Rex Orange County. You want me to add it for you?"

"Yes ma'am."

I add the song to his playlist when he gets a text message from a girl named Aria. That's weird, I don't know an Aria.

"Hey babe, a girl named Aria texted you, do you want me to read it out?"

He grabs the phone out of my hand, "No, it's fine." He senses my discomfort, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, but who's Aria?"

He pauses before talking, "She's a friend. I met her at work." Jax works at a local burger place called Flip shop. The place is owned by no other than Gregory Flip, which is Jax's uncle. Mr. Flip is usually the type to hire his own family or pretty girls that he can look at. He always made me uncomfortable but I brushed it off because that is Jax's family. 

"A friend?"

"Yeah, just a friend. It's not like you have to be worried or anything."

"I didn't say I was worried. Why do you assume I'm worried?"

"I know what you're trying to do Remi, you're trying to trap me. I don't have anything to hide, do you not trust me or anything?"

"I do trust you, it's just-"

He cuts me off, "Listen, Rem, I'm trying to be a good boyfriend, but you're just ruining it. Why don't you want to have a good day?"

"I do, believe me. Today has been perfect." I pause to look at him, he looks upset. I shouldn't have said anything, why would I even try to cause a problem that wasn't there to begin with. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, let's just listen to music."

***

We then arrived at our favorite restaurant: Sally's Seashells. It's by the beach and it was where we had our first date. After that day, we just always went back to it because of its sentimental value.  We walk in together, and the hostess shows us our seats, her name was Emily. 

"Can I get you guys started with some drinks?" Her smile was bright white, I noticed Jax and her smiling at each other. Her brown hair covered the side of her head that was turned away from me. 

Jax tells her a lemonade without ever breaking eye contact. I know that Jax has a wandering eye, I always thought that he inherited it from his uncle. But, at the end of the day, Jax will always come back to me, not anyone.

I clear my throat, but the waitress still looks at Jax. "Hey Emily, I'm going to call you Em. I would like that you stop staring at my boyfriend, while I'm obviously right here-"