repair works

Renjun spent the next day at home on the request of his parents. They had seen his state and were worried enough to keep both him and Chenle home. It was strange seeing the two cuddled in one bed when they were typically bickering constantly so it really was the only appropriate decision. Chenle spent the time trying to cheer Renjun up, which unsurprisingly worked. By the afternoon, Renjun was able to smile easily, a breath of relief for Chenle. He managed to get through some of his course work toward the end of the day, finishing ¾ of a paper he had been dragging himself though for the past week.

Who would've guessed that actually doing your work would lessen your want to cry. Shocker.

He finally felt like he had gotten over himself, that that was what he needed. Yeah he was upset still, but at least he didn't feel like crying for 500 years again. That being said, feeling that intensely about anything, mild or not to others, could cause someone to cry. Renjun just had a lot on his mind, at least from what he could conclude, and he crashed. It was too easy to crash as a human.

Unsurprisingly, Jisung dropped by. At this point, Renjun wondered why he just didn't just live with them. He was there pretty much every day now that he and Chenle were dating, not that that was much different from before though.
"He kinda just threw it across the classroom," Jisung explained, looped around Renjun's waist as he explained what Chenle had missed.
Renjun furrowed his brows, "Why a pineapple though?"
Chenle shrugged in response, "It's Jake, I don't know what you expected."
"I don't know him," Renjun scoffed, "I knew Sunghoon, not Jake."
"Yeah, dumbass," Jisung waved in Chenle's direction, him being too far to actually wack him, "Jake came this year."
"Ah," Chenle shrugged, not caring whatsoever. He rolled on to his stomach, popping a chip in his mouth.
"You've done worse," Jisung rolled his eyes, turning his attention to Renjun, "he set fire to the table. It got Samuel's hair." He nodded solemnly before adding, "And Ms Ahn's sleeve."
Renjun turned his head back at him in horror. Jisung shrugged, "Only her sleeve though, so it's fine."
Oh how the times had changed. The most eventful thing that had happened when he was there was one of the teacher's getting fired, but they had it coming after purposefully mixing chemicals he wasn't supposed to, creating something quite toxic. Although in his defence, Renjun understood why one would do that. Highschoolers were unbearable.

Okay maybe that was slightly worse, but that was really the only thing he had to endure.

"How the hell is that fine?" Renjun asked in shock.
Chenle narrowed his eyes at Jisung with an amused smile, "I'd love to understand how it was fine."
Jisung looked back and forth between Chenle and Renjun both looking for explanations, trying to avoid admitting that he was just really whipped for his boyfriend. He pursed his lips together. "Well," he started, Renjun almost bursting into laughter, "it could've been her whole shirt?"
Renjun snorted, Chenle breaking into fond giggles as Jisung turned a little red. "At least it wasn't on purpose!"
Renjun nodded, agreeing with him on that. At least he had something, even if it was pathetic as hell.

Chenle popped another chip in his mouth as he shook his head. "Just admit you're in love with me."
"I'd rather do anything else," Jisung declared back with a determination that made Renjun cackle. Just to add to his point, Jisung clung even tighter to Renjun, sticking out his tongue at him.
Chenle rolled his eyes, pulling himself up from the floor. He walked over to Jisung, poking his shoulder with a pout before flopping over next to Renjun on the couch. He clipped the side of the arm rest, causing him to emit a whine in pain. With a disappointed sigh, Renjun pulled Chenle up, rubbing the boy's hip before letting him settle comfortably on the couch. 

Renjun watched him look back at Jisung with a fond smile, making Renjun kind of want to curl back into himself. The young boy had turned a little red, but seemed to just sigh, completely dazed by the sight of his boyfriend. Renjun was happy for them, he could feel Jisung kind of hiding away behind his shoulder which made him laugh a little. But it still sort of stung. His younger cousin and his friend were all lovey dovey and though it made him sick to his stomach he craved for it. It just reminded him of his damn crisis from the night prior. He didn't want to cry again, not yet at least, but he did just wanna bury himself. He felt lonely. Lonelier now that everyone seemed to be content with one another but him. And it did not help that the people he liked only liked each other (sort of).

Good for Chenle and Jisung being in love and all. Loved that for them. But now he was regretting his decision of staying in the living room with them. He was already sort of miserable, and just when he thought he could bounce back, he gets hit with a baseball bat. He sighed quietly to himself and plastered on a fake smile, hoping it would pass.

Chenle turned his head back to Renjun, his smile slowly fading into a more guilty one. "You saw- that did not help, did it?"
Renjun chuckled, shaking his head dismissively, "It's fine, Lele."
Jisung puffed out his cheeks, resting his head on Renjun's shoulder, almost cradling the smaller male in his arms. "I'm sorry, hyung." He lifted his head, smiling sympathetically toward him which only made him feel worse. He wasn't going to tell him that, especially when Jisung was only trying to help him.
"Don't be, idiot," he headbutted his shoulder before resting his head, "it's fine. I'm okay."
Jisung hummed, not letting Renjun go just yet, providing a comfort that Renjun didn't even know he wanted at that moment.
Chenle sat up with a pitying smile, hugging him just as tightly on the other side. "I'm glad you're okay, Jun hyung, but we're gonna stay here for a bit, okay?"

Renjun nodded. He didn't want to really admit that he felt like falling apart all over again when he was doing so well, so he was grateful for them. It just wasn't really what he wanted. Two people were hugging him, tightly holding on to the broken bits of him. It just wasn't enough to put him back together cause they weren't the right two people.