Fishy

Renjun swung his and Donghyuck's hands as they walked to out on the field, Donghyuck chuckling as they went to sit. As of now, Jaemin's plan had been working, Jeno had spent more and more time with him and less time with Jaemin, and he didn't like admitting it out loud but he absolutely loved that he was getting the attention instead of Jaemin. He had been rambling about it, minus the whole teaming up thing, with sparkling eyes to Donghyuck for the past few minutes.

"You sound so cruel, Jun," Donghyuck laughed, "you sound like me ."
"I'm sorry," Renjun whined as he sat down beneath a tree at the edge of the uni limits. "I just really like this."
Donghyuck clicked his tongue, "What about Jaemin's feelings though?"
Renjun rolled his eyes, waving dismissively, "doesn't matter, man. Why, you worried about Jaemin?" he chuckled, leaning closer to Donghyuck's face, "you like Jaemin, huh?"
"Ew, no," Donghyuck scrunched his face, smacking his shoulder, Renjun laughing loudly, Donghyuck grinning at him.

Donghyuck was his other half for the time being, actually for along time. Perhaps forever. He was loud, no doubt about it, but he was always there for him. Eight years now, flicking gravel and grass at one another as they rambled bullshit to one another at lunch, the only things that were consistent. Hell, if it weren't for Donghyuck, Renjun's Korean skills would be buried six feet under, never to be found.

If it weren't for Donghyuck, he also would have never met Lee Jeno.

As Donghyuck snaked his arm around Renjun's waist, Jeno came by, sitting down in front of them with a wave. "Hiyo."
Renjun greeted him, Donghyuck tilting his head at the newcomer, "where's Jaemin?"
Jeno chuckled, scratching his head, "Ah, he's at a class," he smiled at them, leaning back on his hands. "I'm not intruding on something, am I?"
Renjun shot Donghyuck a look of confusion before shaking his head, turning back to Jeno, "Nah, we weren't talking about anything."

Jeno nodded slowly before going on to complain about his classes, Renjun nodding and contributing. They were taking similar courses, but since they were specialising in different areas, their classes didn't meet up unlike his and Jaemin's. Guess it was the problem of not liking the outdoors enough to actually take a course relating to phys ed.

Renjun turned his head to Donghyuck sighing, the younger boy's head falling on his shoulder. He nudged his head with his own, "you okay, Hyuck?"
Donghyuck simply nodded, wrapping his other arm around Renjun's waist and cuddling him. Jeno chuckled, "Ah, Donghyuck, we should find you a man."
Donghyuck rolled his eyes, "I'm good, dude."
Jeno cocked his head toward Renjun before looking back at Donghyuck, "Maybe you should date Renjun."
Renjun scrunched his face in horror, "Absolutely not."
"I know right," Donghyuck scoffed. "That would be gross." Renjun pursed his lips as he noted Donghyuck's dejected tone. He nodded as he looked back at Jeno, not sure if he wanted to ask Donghyuck what was wrong just yet.

Jeno fired up another stupid topic for them to debate about, the hour suddenly speeding up as they talked. It was a thing he was used to though. Time just flew past way too fast when he talked with Jeno, guess that's why he loved talking with him, time was just irrelevant. Jeno's presence was warm and sweet, a soft human being who made him feel like melting at any point. He loved how he felt around Jeno, everyone could see it. He was Lee Jeno, a cupcake-like person who no one could get enough of, especially Renjun.

Jaemin just had to swoop in, didn't he.

But that no longer mattered. Jaemin was going to take himself out of the equation now. And it was now his turn. His time to finally get some sort of happy ending he had been praying for since he was a kid.

As long as it worked.

"But like, wouldn't I smell like a fish?" Jeno argued back.
Donghyuck scoffed slightly. "Does octopus smell like a fish?
"Probably," Renjun shrugged, looking down at him. "You would know, you're the one who cooked it yesterday."
Donghyuck groaned, sitting up as he rubbed his face, "okay then what creature would you want to be if not a merman?"
"A vampire," Jeno said confidently, placing his hands on his hips. Renjun burst into laughter as Donghyuck scrunched his face, trying to argue against him. At least Jeno's answer hadn't changed from when they met.

Renjun remembered sitting next to the pretty, young, Jeno Lee, trying to think of something to ask him. He had guts then, boldly going against the seating plan to sit next to the guy he liked. Well as boldly as someone who had just been dared by Donghyuck. All Renjun really knew he was pretty and he wanted to know him. In a panic, Renjun had blurted out a dumb question. What kinda mythical creature he would like to be.

He almost hit his head on the table, embarrassed beyond his years but Jeno had simply smiled and answered as if it wasn't weird. They surprisingly had talked about it the entire class, Jeno becoming one of his close friends over the years. He had known his friend so well back then. Things had changed though, while Jeno was the same he was different. Made sense, but it did make Renjun just a tad upset.

At least he still had something that stayed the same.

"Injun still wants to be a merman?" Jeno asked playfully, flicking Renjun's knee.

Renjun chuckled, "I watched H2O, man, of course I do."

Jeno laughed fondly, reaching over and ruffling Renjun's hair, the older boy flushing slightly. "It's not as cool as a vampire."
Renjun scoffed, moving Jeno's hand from his head as he chuckled, "you keep living your Vampire Diaries dream, Jeno."

Jeno chuckled, Renjun smiling subconsciously as the familiar soft feeling settled through his system. The younger boy cocked his head at him, frowning slightly as he thought. 'The samoyed look' Renjun had dubbed it, the confused look Jeno would give to people making him look more like the most adorable person in the world, a puppy looking person his heart would flip out over.
"You seem happy, Injun," Jeno smiled fondly.

Renjun gave him a lopsided grin, "it's just nice to have you around again."
Jeno chuckled quietly, "It's nice to be around again."

~~~

a/n: i want to say that this will get better, I just suck at fillers, but also like idk