A knock let Gerard know what was up, seeing the panic in his eyes. I didn't want him to panic, so I leaned into his ear and barely whisper in his ear. "Answer it, I'll be behind the door, okay? You'll be fine, Gerard," I told him, moving out of the way and behind the door as I told him. Another knock sounded and he answered it, not wanting to seem suspicious. "Hello?" Gerard gently addressed whoever was on the other side of the door. I looked through the crack, almost gasping as I saw that it was probably enough to see me. "We saw this door close, but you shouldn't have been out," The person scolded, though I saw Gerard just smile. "Sorry, I was using the bathroom, sir, is there something I have to do to make that known so I'm not in trouble. I've never had to use the bathroom after curfew before," He stated innocently, though if I hadn't known what we were really up to, I would have totally believed him.

"Oh, well- no, we just have to check to make sure. Have a nice night, young man," The person told him, though I could see his grip tighten on the door. "Thank you, have a nice night, sir," Gerard told him, closing the door and looking at me with a look of pure terror. I faltered for a bit, letting out a shaky breath of relief. "I just got away with that..." Gerard whispered, walking to his bed and flopping backward as he took a second to shake off the shock.

"How long will I have to stay here do you think? I mean- it's nice and all, but I've never been in here and I didn't want my first time seeing your room being after committing a scandal," I whispered, leaning against a wall as I chilled out a bit from almost being caught. "Yeah... You could escape through the window," Gerard suggested, which made me smile as I immediately walked to the window. "Then this is the real goodbye until tomorrow?" I asked, smiling at him as he looked at me. "As long as you don't run into trouble again," He told me, smiling back as I nodded.

I opened the window, looking at Gerard one more time before slipping away to go back to my cabin. I slipped past a counselor, smiling as I got to my dorm with 100% success. "Yes, yes, yes," I whispered to myself, sighing as I flopped onto my bed. I picked up my key ring that was attached to the many animals that were sat upon it. I took the wolf into my hand, twisting it between two fingers as I smiled slightly. I put my keys down, bringing my blanket around me, sighing gently as I fell asleep quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grabbing breakfast, waiting, watching, smiling. I sat conveniently at the Wolf table, looking at Gerard and seeing that he looked nervous. I tapped his foot with the edge of my shoe, seeing his head pop up and look at me. "Don't worry," I whispered, smiling at him and seeing him nod, just barely. I heard a sigh behind me. "Kid, this is getting old, would ya just sit at your correct table, please," A voice said to me, making me smirk and Gerard cower.

"Sir, I am at the correct table," I whispered, pulling my keyring up and hearing stuttering behind me. "Um-" He whispered, eventually just walking away. I smiled and continued to eat, seeing Gerard take his keyring off of the table. "We're dead," He whispered, drinking some of his juice. "No, just ankle deep in ice water," I whispered, seeing the same counselor come up to the edge of our table. "See the director after breakfast," He demanded, leaving to a corner to brood. "Dammit... I'd like to correct you, Frank. Knee deep in cold water, perhaps boiling," Gerard told me, pushing his plate away and sighing.

"Hey, don't worry. Did you think I didn't plan this out?" I asked, smiling as I pushed his plate back to him a little. "Eat. Lunch isn't for another few hours," I gently reminded him, seeing him nod and slowly consume a little bit of his food at a time. By the time we were done eating, Gerard was shaking a bit as we walked to the director's office. I wasn't fazed, I was a little troublemaker when I was in school, I'm even confident that the principal celebrated being let out for summer break for the very reason that he wouldn't have to see me in his office for 3 months.

I opened the door, Gerard walking in and then closing the door behind me as we saw this fairly small woman sitting at the desk. "You said you would like to see us, ma'am," I addressed her, smiling a bit as I already had my plan set out in detail, just waiting for the right moment. "Yes... But just you, I wasn't expecting someone else," She told me, examining the shaking leaf that is my friend, Gerard. "He's an accomplice, though it was all my idea. Now, continue," I told her, seeing no reason to come out with it, though Gerard gave me a terribly worried expression.

"Ah, yes. Well, I was told you pulled a troublesome stunt here at breakfast that made the head of the Badger cabin confused," She told me, folding her hands together on her desk ever so nicely. "Explain," She whispered, holding the most lethal eye contact she could obviously muster. I shook my head, smiling as I looked over to Gerard, seeing the, "Don't do it" expression that I had known all my life from my mom. "Ma'am, my friend here is a wolf, I'm a fox. I can't sit with him at breakfast, lunch, or dinner because I am "requested" to sit with my cabin. I have not made friends with anyone in my cabin, I don't really plan to, I keep my friends close and the circle of them even closer. If I can't sit with my friend at mealtimes, I simply won't have peace. And neither will you," I laid it all out, plain and confident as I waited for a response. I could feel the tension, you could surely cut it with a katana, but it didn't stop me from smiling.

"Well if it means peace in the mess hall, I don't see why everyone has to be separate. On one condition; you put back the animals that aren't your own," She requested, pointing to the bin and nodding. "Of course," I whispered happily, taking my keyring from my pocket and kneeling to put the animals back, one by one. By the time I reached the wolf, I hesitated, but I didn't know why. I pretended to put it back, putting it in my front hoodie pocket. I stood up, waving goodbye and smiling at the director, seeing Gerard awkwardly follow me. "Have a nice day," He quietly told the director, shutting the door and sighing a big sigh of relief.

"What did I tell you, huh? Everything will be fine," I told Gerard seeing him chuckle as he shook his head, his excitement bursting. "I can't believe it though, we got a slap on the wrist, just like you said. You, Frank Iero, are a bad influence," Gerard told me, still slightly laughing as we walked to the edge of a beach-like place. "Why thank you, you're too kind," I confidently told him, smiling as we sat on a bench, seeing the wind messing with the water. "Ya know, I still wouldn't have it any other way," Gerard whispered, which surprised me but made me smile nonetheless.

He wouldn't have it any other way.