CH. 19 Confession: Evermore

Magsimula sa umpisa

That's what Camilo was mostly pissed about, the pet monkey, which Camilo believed was named 'Cam.' Despite the house being accompanied by animals all the time for Antonio's gift and Tio Bruno's thing for rats, Camila's monkey was a horrible nightmare.

Camilo's an animal lover, that's for sure, but he was angry at 'Cam' for teasing Tonito's toucan and grabbing Tio Bruno's rats by the tail. The actions of Camila's monkey made his mood worse by kicking up a fuss under the table; even Pepa's mood was affected since she had accidentally made drizzles on the plates.

Abuela had to keep the scene from getting too unpleasant, so she decided to socialise with Camila. ''So, for how many years have you noticed our 'Milo, Camila?''

Camila chuckled softly, causing Isabela to almost roll her eyes. ''I have liked him for six years, Senora Madrigal. He's been very kind to me since we first met in the forest. Am I right, my knight?''

The Madrigal sister's siblings shot a hot glance at the girl with two pigtails.

How dare she? She used the nickname you gave Camilo as hers, speaking out loud, so naturally, like she had been calling this for years.

Of course, Isabela scoffed, nearly sneering at the girl's crafty, childish declaration. On the other hand, Dolores and Luisa kept their head low, only irritatingly eyeing Camila as Mirabel gestured frantically to her sisters to quiet down for fear that they would reveal your presence on the second floor.

''Yeah, sure,'' muttered Camilo while playing with his food on the plate.

''¡¡Qué asco!!'' exclaimed Isabela, using her index finger to point at Camila. ''You've been in love with Camilo for six years? That means you have feelings for him even if he was in a relationship with (Y/N)?''

''I don't see that as a problem, Isabela,'' warned Abuela, trying to soothe the tension between them. ''Camila can be in love with anyone since she didn't even try to interfere with their relationship, right?''

Camila didn't answer; instead, she only gave a simple nod.

''Erm, how's it like when you and mi Hija went to fit the wedding gown, Camila?'' asked Julieta, avoiding the conversation that could involve you.

''Oh, it was perfect!'' Camila sighed dreamily, providing a dazzling smile to Abuela, who just happened to sit next to her. ''It's a pity that (Y/N) couldn't even try on those glamorous white dresses. I hope she's doing well in her angel form. I miss her so much.''

Camila's remark, once again, gained more of the Madrigals to frown at her. Tio Bruno had to bite his inner cheek to prevent from shouting out the truth of you staying alive and currently in the nursery room.

Mirabel shook her head, kicking Bruno's feet under the table to distract him for a moment, while Tio Felix had to help Pepa comb her hair to stop the grey clouds forming on her head for the second time.

''We don't want to cause a scene, Isa,'' whispered Mirabel, holding her sister's shoulders down to avoid the fight.

Abuela let out a dry laugh, helping the Ramírez parents pour wine into their glasses.

''Oh, that reminds us; mi Hija told me you like to read. But since (Y/N)'s copy of Romeo and Juliet is too fragile and tattered, Camila's brother sent us a new one from abroad. It's the finest revision!'' said Señora Dulce, Camila's mother; she handed a brown artistic book to Camilo across the table.

''You can leave the old one behind now, Camilo,'' chirped Camila cheerfully. ''The new one is worth keeping than that one.''

''Muchas gracias...'' Camilo offered the woman a polite smile, but he didn't accept the book. ''Sorry, but since the fragile and tattered book belonged to (Y/N), I do not intend to throw it away.''