CH. 19 Confession: Evermore

Camilo could sense it: the peculiar behaviours his family was acting beside Abuela; even Casita was weird in his point of view.

He didn't understand why so many people were starting to visit Mirabel's room from time to time, especially his Tio Bruno.

Bruno had been locked in his tower for days after he heard what you encountered that day, much like Camilo himself. Zero contact with his family or talked to anyone else if necessary. He blamed himself for not predicting this sooner; he barely ate anything and walked out of his tower.

But these days, Camilo could see his Tio coming out from his tower and getting the meal regularly, and he would help foresee in the town square as usual. Moreover, why would Bruno go to the nursery room that often?

And when Camilo asked his parents, his siblings, or his Tio and Tia about their behaviours lately, they would brush him off the question, running around and not giving him the closest answer.

Hence, he decided to investigate the mystery by himself.

Day 1

First, he stayed outside the corridor, ensuring no one was there at the current; he would quickly get to your door. But of course, Casita stopped him from going inside; the wooden floor planks would warp up in the air and hit him on the chin hard, preventing the boy from entering.

Day 2

Next, he came up with another way. He would follow other family members whenever they entered Mirabel's room. It was again a failure since Casita had shut him out within a blink.

Day 3

Then, he decided to morph into one of his family members before anyone got in at the dark corner, tiptoeing to confirm no one would notice him sneaking in. However, Casita smacked him harder before he could reach the door again. Nothing could fool the magic house.

On the fourth day, Camilo couldn't try to get in the room after noon because the Ramírezs were coming to visit at dinner. They had to plan more details for the wedding ceremony that would be held on the weekend, that is, two more days to go.

''Hey, Dolores, enlighten me. Why are you all gathering in Mirabel's room? Is there having some crazy ritual or something?'' asked Camilo, half joking, to hide the unwilling expression to expose for meeting his 'fiancée' later; the other half was honest, eagerly hoping his sister would spill the beans.

Dolores gave him a side glance, sighing. ''It's not my position to tell you. Come on, dress something smart to welcome your prometida.''

Camilo groaned in annoyance. Wear something smart to see his fiancée? Camila wasn't that important to him anyway. Despite that, she was going to marry him soon. He was done with everything: the news of your sudden death, the pressure of marriage he didn't see as true love, and the days Camila had come to bug him nearly every day about the wedding.

He was almost being pushed over the edge, and now his sister refused to tell him about everybody's suspicious act.

-

Dinner time.

The Madrigals were gathered around the dining table, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Camila's family.

Camilo, who's very ireful at dressing in such a formal to hold another dinner discussion about the wedding plan, thought this was unnecessary. Thus, the Ramírezs was late again. Whenever they held a dinner plan, they could never be on time; on top of that, Camila had brought her pet monkey along.

The dinner was alright, just a few awkward moments when Camilo answered unrelated remarks to Camila's candid flirting quotes and some noises from the pets occasionally.